Tips for a Better GP appointmnt

Posted , 1 user is following.

Appalled at what I have seen in the message.

Health issues cannot be broken down as suggested by the article. Especially not when the person you see at the surgery is never the same. The human body is a whole and not a series of bits. The time allocated in more civilized countries than the UK for a meeting wit a GP is at least 20 minutes (and the GP knows you). How can you judge of the health of somebody you have never met in 10 minutes. It's by listening to their customers' little and major ailments and know about their lives that a practitioner can assess their needs. Next step to save money seems to be internet consultations. Good luck but not for me.

The list of groups I had to attach my message to reinforces me in this belief.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.