tips for insomnia?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i really don't know what triggered me to have severe anxiety two months ago bc i had many things changing in my life at once. and now i have trouble sleeping and don't know what to do. i have a doctors appointment soon and ill ask them what kind of treatment i should do but in the meantime, does anyone have any tips on how to sleep better? i sleep during the night but keep waking up multiple times and i don't really know if i'm doing something to cause this or if i'm really just waking up for no reason. any tips would help, thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Has your dr suggested that you may have sleep apnoea?

A home oximetry test can be arranged then if necessary an in depth sleep study done.

Take care

• Posted

hi, no they haven't suggested that. i thought i might have had it but i asked my mom if she can hear that i stopped breathing in my sleep and she said she never did so i don't think it's that. but if i'm still having trouble sleeping even after therapy ill look into getting an in depth sleep study done. thank you

• Posted

I recently had an oximetry yest done and now have to have a sleep study done. I am diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnoea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.