Tips for 'must haves' when coming home from Knee op

Posted , 17 users are following.

I just thought I would start this as mary-ellen asked for some tips - she is going in for her op very soon:-

I will kick it off by saying some things that I did.

My hubby brought a bed down for me so I didn't have to climb.

We bought toilet seat risers for each loo - they are not expensive.

I had a table by me with everything I needed  - meds, books, water etc

I made a chart for timing my meds - You may find you are a bit drowsy with all the pain relief and what you don't want to do is over/under dose. I ticked it off as I took each med.

I had extra surgical stockings so I always had clean ones as you need to change them every day.

There - that's a start and I am sure lots of people will come up with more. I will think more, but at the mo I am in the middle of making fish piewink

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you so much for starting this thread, I'm going through it and ordering online.  I may even have something to add once I've had my op!

Lynne

• Posted

daisymay2 was looking for this. Daisy, the replies you have had are really good. Here is a reminder of the list we made a couple of months ago in case there is anything in here that is helpful on top of the replies you have already received.
    • Posted

Elaine thanks - you're a star!

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Together with my new thread it's perfect - thanks! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.