Tips on anexity and depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi just wondering if anyone has any tips on understanding anexity and depression for me and my family I'm currently going through this and it's so hard because of the physical symptoms and it's hard to belive all the symptoms are down to anxeity even tho been told by a doctor. My family would like some understand aswell so they can help me through this hard few months 

Thanks 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

I know how it feels, it soooo hard, I won the battle of depression and my trick is finding inspirations again and love along supports. when I am scared I roar at my fears and say I am alpha of me I am stronger than this. and u can try to change your lifestyle not u. what was the triggers for depression and anixety? 
    • Posted

I try thinking positive thoughts but when I do 5 Mins later I'm back to square one. Where I'm getting physical symptoms like tight chest nausea headaches hot flushed I also think it's not anexity and something is seriously wrong. 2 months ago I was picking my son up from school and I felt like I was going to pass out everyday since then iv been getting physical symptoms and not going out of the house. I'm on sertraline 100mg this is my 4th week on it. Thanks for your reply 
    • Posted

Panic attacks I think, have you spoken to a doctor? I am not exactly experienced, but I do faints and get hot flushes due to heart condition including tight sharp chest pains. I take Turmeric and mix in food mostly when I am making curry or stew or veggies and it helped me a lot.... 
  • Posted

Hi

Really sorry to hear your going through this, I have recently been disganosed as suffering with anxiety and I am struggling to understand why I am suffering and how I can self help and get through this

I have just purchased a book called freeing yourself from anxiety (well sure that's the name without checking) It helps you to understand better and find coping techniques. I will also be starting CBT to help combat it

Have your doctors refered you for councelling or self help groups? This would be a huge help and would also help your family understand better as you will need someone to be your support

Hope that helps a bit. Feel free to message me if need be xx

• Posted

I will look up that book hopefully be able to get it on my kindle. Are you getting physical symptoms? 

Yes I am having phone call appointments for a place called steps to welling being and hopefully when I'm up and able to go out I will go for one to one counciling. My parents are helping a great deal with me and my son but they are also struggling as they don't know what to do and I hate that I'm putting them through it aswell. It's just so hard to except it as anexity when I feel physcally ill 

Thanks for your reply 

• Posted

Yes I am having physical symptoms which is more scary than the anxiety itself. I keep getting a tight throat and feeling like it's closing up and headachy

I could probably cope with the anxiety better if it wasn't for the symptoms which are very scary and when the symptoms get bad and I feel like I am losing control a panic attack comes on which is the worst thing I have ever experienced

I got mine on kindle it was £4.49 but hopefully worth every penny, someone I know who also suffers bad read a book on anxiety by Claire Weeks which she highly reccomends

I hope the phone support works for you which means you can then progress to classes, but again it's finding what works best for you. It will be hard for your parents to understand, my partner is trying to be supportive but becuase he has no clue about it he can't really understand or help apart from be there for me

Maybe it would be a good idea for your parents to read the same book as you as I think it would give them a good understanding of what you are coping with

Also another thought years ago when I was suffering badly with school I went to a homepathy I think it was who made up almost like herbal drops I could put under my tounge which helped with stress etc so maybe that would be worth a try too? xx

• Posted

It's just one horrible viscous circle really ain't it? 

Il search for the book once my kindle is charged thanks

Yea I think il be able to deal with it all if it wasn't for the physical symptoms from the minute I wake up it starts. 

I am on diazepam which my doc has just cut down so think that is also making me worse. 

• Posted

Thanks. Just looked on iPhone but it not on there. Might see if I can get the actual book for my family to read aswell. Thanks. U been a great help 
  • Posted

Just checked my kindle and the book is called Free yourself from Anxiety by Emma Fletcher £4.49
    • Posted

It's just one horrible viscous circle really ain't it? 

Il search for the book once my kindle is charged thanks

Yea I think il be able to deal with it all if it wasn't for the physical symptoms from the minute I wake up it starts. 

I am on diazepam which my doc has just cut down so think that is also making me worse. 

• Posted

It is a horrible vicious circle, I think we almost need to break/repair one of the links to be able to combat it

You can buy the book in paperform from amazon so maybe ask your parents to purchase and read it as I think it will really give them a good insight as well as you

The physical symptoms are the worst as they are more scary than anything and trying to get over that alone is very hard indeed

Has your doctor reduced the medication for a reason? Has it been done by a small amount whilst you get the telephone help? As they have reduced it if you feel you are struggling with it maybe try the homepathy or health food shops to see if you can try a herbal remedy to help you inbetween

Your welcome I know how scary it is and to be fair talking about it also helps me too. Think talking about it kind of makes it less scary (sort of) xx

• Posted

Yes I am going to talk to my parents tonight when son is in bed as I live with them and talk about getting the book. 

Did u find it helped u with physical symptoms as I have got a book cant remember name but I didn't find it helped as he didn't use medication and he also did explain the physical side of it which is what I need. 

She has reduced it as I can get addicted to it I said to her with my son going back to school after the holidays can I not just stick it out for couple more weeks but she preferred I cut down. 

I find talking about it really does help to i write on this forum a lot as I have nobody else I no going through it. 

• Posted

Not yet I only started reading the book a couple of days ago so I'm still in the early stages of reading it and only had the symptoms for a few weeks so all still very new

The book seems pretty good so far, I am hoping it covers the physical symptoms but if not i shall find a book that does

I am feeling pretty rubbish this second I feel dizzy and this is stopping me from eating lunch as I worry it will have a bad reaction on my throat and bring on another panic attack which is something I am really struggling to conquer so I am probably going to survive on a packet of crisps until tonight when I get home

I don't know what will happen on the road to recovery or how long it will take but I am certainly willing to try it xx

• Posted

I can undertand your doctor wanting to reduce it but then again easy to understand why you are freaking out with the reduced dosage as I would too

You will be able to cope with the new dosage but it may take a bit of time for your body and mind to adjust

We are always here as support xx

• Posted

I have no apitite at all I force a banana down in the morning and a slice of toast of lunch and before I go to bed have another slice of toast and a banana I have lost a stone in 2 months and I havnt even been exercise. 

Do u like sunflower seeds I find them good to snack on maybe snack on them while at work. 

• Posted

Blimey that's a big weightloss hun, do you have no appetite because of the anxiety?

Unfortunately I don't like sunflower seeds but I need to try something as apart from something small I am not eating at work so I need to try different things this week but may also go back to docs in the meantime x

• Posted

I'm putting it down to anexity some days I have a great apitite but most days I can barley eat. 

How about ginger nut biscuits as u can suck them till they are soft and be easier to swallow. Then build yourself up to solid food at work. 

Or think to yourself you can eat fine at home so I can eat fine at work. Know it's easier said then done but try but a positive thought in your head when at work. 

• Posted

Biscuits is a good idea, will try that this week and see how I go

It's definetly easier said than done, I do try and tell myself being at work is no different but it's like I can't convince myself and then the same thing happens

May have to try and build back up on the foods as you say

It sounds like it could be down to the anxiety, it seems to be able to affect you in so many ways. I suppose it's only normal to have up and down days x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.