tips on putting eye drops in

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone got any tips on how to put eyedrops in? Im currently putting eye drops in left eye first and pulling down lower eyelid then I put drops in. I then use same hand to put in right eye. Only problem is is that I usually miss and it rolls down my face. So then the bottle has some eyedrop on I. Is it okay to use the bottle again?

Also I wash my hands before but the waters cold and when I dry my hands i can still feel it on my hands. I don't know how else to do this.

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Is using bottled water to wash the eye out okay?
  • Posted

I pull down lower lid with one hand and rest the nozzle of the botte against the side of my nose and squeeze with the other. Then repeat on the other side and with other hand. That way you don't miss so many times.Difficult now as have damaged right wrist and arm so working out how to overcome this setback!

• Posted

I might try that.
  • Posted

I just lay down and hold the bottle above. Occasionally, I miss, but it is so easy that I just try again. If I am out. I just hold my head right back, and it is almos the same as lying down

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.