Tips that I've seen actually work!

Posted , 2 users are following.

So my rash was bad from my neck to my knees i was covered. These are some things ive done in the last 4 days that have DRAMATICALLY reduced it.

- Sunbeds (Two 6 minutes session so far)

- With a shower puff washing in Head and Shoulders. The shower puff got rid if the flaky skin that i had that day. I was using my hands before this but feel the puff gave that bit of exfoliation i needed.

- SUDOCREM. This brings down the redness of the spots so automatically you feel better as they arent so outragous. But the sudocream really dried out my spots to the point were it just looks like i have dry skin now. Some places look better than others i'e my stomach but this is where i pay most attention to and also the first place the spots appeared so prob the oldest.

I also was using Selsun, E45, Aqueeous Cream, Bio Derm anti itch cream, anti histomines but i feel those 3 things above really done it for me.

Timeline

December 1st - Herald Patch

December 13th - Few spots

December 14th - Hit by car

December 20th - First outbreak

December 23rd - Doctors Visit (got told it was an allergic reaction)

December 25th - Jan 2nd More spots coming but hadnt noticed it as i was busy over the fesitive period

Jan 3rd - Noticed how bad it was getting

Jan 4th - spread to collar bones

Jan 5th - spred to neck

Jan 6th - knee to neck covered in red lumps go tbe doctors get diagnosed with PR

Jan 7th - start trestments i seen online

Jan 10th - see huge improvment

In total ive had this 5 weeks now

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I saw the dermatologist and she maintains that I do not have PR. She said that 90% of patients do not have itching with PR. She prescribed antihistamines (which I was already taking), Dove soap and a corticosteroid cream called Desowen. Well, after using the Dove and the new cream, I felt as if I had been burned on top of the itchy rash so I've stopped both and things are calming down again. I'm back to taking lukewarm baths with H&S eucalyptus shampoo for bubbles, Epsom salts and a few drops of lavender essential oil. I am applying Caladryl (zinc) clear gel mixed with green tea oil to comtrol the itching. Also applying Vaseline Instensive care lotion with cocoa butter to help soothe dry, flaky skin. I'm a lot better today!

My lab test results show that I have a UTI so I will be taking antibiotics for that. So the underlying infection might be the catalyst for the skin condition, as it is unknown how long I have had it. Looking forward to getting some relief soon! I will use my shower buff in the shower this morning Jessica. Thanks for the tip! Glad you are feeling better.

• Posted

I had and still have really bad itching! I had chicken poxs 5 years ago and this is way way worse. Just try and dry out the rash as best you can i think then (from my experience) is when it will start to go.

Dont think anyone who hasnt had this understands how bad it actually is sad good luck and it will get better smile the less i cared the better i felt, and remember its only temporary

• Posted

I also had really bad burning like REALLY REALLY BAD to the point where i had to scream, dont know why this is and im constantly afriad of applying something incase it happens again
  • Posted

Stick with what works. I think all of us are different that way and the only way you will know is to try everything. The itching was so bad, I scratched to the point of bruising myself! But it was the only way I could get relief. I am half way through week five so here,s hoping I am on the side of this weirdness. xo
  • Posted

Hi All,

I've never posted on a site before but promised myself I would come back when I found a solution that really helped me!!!

I had tried the head & shoulders shampoo (clinical strength) like a few blogs suggest & it made slight improvement!

However someone gave me a cream when I was in their house & my skin was irritating me. It's called 'Psoriasin ointment' and I could see a slight improvement after 1 night and then a dramatic improvement over the next few days. It hasn't fully gone but 95% better.

Only issue is they got it in the USA & not sure if u can buy in Europe but could always see if Amazon or some site like that will send over. I'm going to try order some to have in case if ever comes back! If successful I'll let Ye know!

Hope it works for someone else too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.