Tired!

Posted , 9 users are following.

are most of you very very very tired after major abdominal hyster. Almost at 3 week mark and still tired so much. Wasnt expecting this.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Everyone is different in there recovery. Your body has been through so much it needs rest to recover.

Please dont worry it's normal to feel tired for many weeks after.

It's your body saying I need to heal!! Listen to your body.. Its your teacher.

Happy healing hun.xx

• Posted

I am nearly 4 weeks post op and I’m exhausted. I wake up and don’t have the energy to get out of bed. I fall back asleep and eventually force myself out of bed. From what I’ve read it’s the body’s way of healing itself. I understand your frustration. This is my second laparotomy. First for hysterectomy in 2015 and now removal of ovaries. I was exhausted back then for about 6 weeks. Have you had your ovaries removed also?
  • Posted

5 days post-op. Thanks ladies for letting me know what to expect.
  • Posted

Hi

You have been through major surgery and your body needs time to heal.  Tiredness is one way of letting you know that you must rest and be patient.  It is good to keep a journal of your journey and note how you feel at different points in the day.  I hope that you have got support so that you don't need to do housework.  Certainly don't lift anything or hang washing - avoid stretching.  It is also wise to follow instructions of gynaecologist.  You will probably have a check-up at some point so before then rest, rest, rest.  Pamper yourself.  Some women overdo things.

All the best.  Hopefully you will be amazed at how good you feel after a couple of months.  

• Posted

I'm 5 days post op and keeping a journal is what I started yesterday its a really good way to get things written down about your thoughts and feelings and it also makes you sit down and rest . xx

• Posted

I’m at two weeks post op and very tired as well. However I decided to go back to work today as i have a desk job with little to no lifting. I will say that the more i attempt to do with rest periods in between the better i start to feel. But don’t over do it! 
    • Posted

Gosh that's very early hun.. I could of gone back to work at 4 wks but I was told at least 8 wks to allow insides to take hold.

Goes to show we all are told so different. Healing hugs to youxx

• Posted

I'm the same way. I think it's your body's way to tell you you're healing from major surgery, but it's hard for me as a mom to not feel guilty....

• Posted

Hi it's been 6weeks since my total hysterectomy I'm still very tired I only have 3-4 hours of sleep but being on this forum has helped me realise I'm not alone and that to listen to your body and rest

• Posted

Tommorrow will be one month for hysterectomy. Still very tired and have to take breaks often when i do anything. I see that some people are still tired at 6 wks. Uh oh i hope i am over it by then.
    • Posted

If you saw what our bodies go through you will realise how much pushing,pull ing,cutting etc and our bodies being traumatised by the shock hun. It takes months to get over and your only 4 wks post op.

I'm 16 wks and still watch what ido.We need to respect our surgeries and re st when we feel we need to.I

My consultant told me it takes 12 mths to internally get over a hysterectomy.xc

• Posted

I tire it seems the same time everyday. Granted I get up early but I also go to bed early.  I have resigned myself to fact that it’s a long road ahead. We all need to take the very best care of ourselves. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.