Tired

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm tired and bored with living, I don't want to do it anymore. What's the point? Sorry to be negative. Just wondered if anyone else had these thoughts? Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to commit suicide, but I'm feeling somewhat empty. Help me, please :-)

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jemima

Don't say if you are on any medication?

i x

Melb

• Posted

I was started on Fluoxetine 9 weeks ago. 20 mg per day. It didn't seem to be helping. I stopped a week last Sunday. I've hit a real low today. Saw my GP today, he states start again, stabilise and see if we need to increase dose. Be patient basically. I'm also receiving counselling but I haven't been honest about how I feel, ie don't wanna go on much more. It scares you??? Well it scares me too. Except, I wouldn't do anything, because in some ways I'm rational in an irrational way. I don't really want to die.
  • Posted

Hi Jemima

It is important to be honest with your GP and your counsellor.

All AD's take time to 'kick in', do please try keeping on them and give them a fair chance to help you.

Have a look around this site, it might help you on your very lows days.

(My Innerworld - Click Here)

Please keep posting here too, many of us have found it a great source for unloading our baggage. It's like discussing your inner htoughts b ut online rather than face to face someone.

To share your experiences with people taking the same AD as yourself (Click Here)

All the best & stay strong.

Melbie

• Posted

[u:3dc89f2ef9][b:3dc89f2ef9]Thank you[/b:3dc89f2ef9][/u:3dc89f2ef9] Melbi, it means a LOT. I'll re-start AD's tomorrow and stick with it until next appointment. I shall also check out the stuff suggested. Very grateful :-)
  • Posted

Its not a good idea 2 just stop taking your meds, like melbi said it takes time 4 them 2 start 2 work hang in there i no its frustrating and at the time u probably think is it worth it and y. Do u have any hobbies or is there anything u enjoy doin or may b try something totaly different. A couple of weeks ago i wasfeeling so crap and wondering y i was realy here or may b having a mid life crisis (just had yet another birthday) so without thinking did an abseil of the top of a 220 foot church just 2 find out i loved it may b not that extream but smaller challenges 2 boost your mood. Hang in there and keep posting. :hug:
  • Posted

[quote:276505947d=\"shadow\"]Its not a good idea 2 just stop taking your meds, like melbi said it takes time 4 them 2 start 2 work hang in there i no its frustrating and at the time u probably think is it worth it and y. Do u have any hobbies or is there anything u enjoy doin or may b try something totaly different. A couple of weeks ago i wasfeeling so crap and wondering y i was realy here or may b having a mid life crisis (just had yet another birthday) so without thinking did an abseil of the top of a 220 foot church just 2 find out i loved it may b not that extream but smaller challenges 2 boost your mood. Hang in there and keep posting. :hug:[/quote:276505947d]

Thank you shadow :-), I love abseiling too, maybe I need to go do that!!! For now tho, I thought about doing level 1 british sign language course. So watch this space. Jemima x

• Posted

That sounds ke a good idea. I started a biusness course at the begining of this year part time i take it at my own pace and do wot and when i can. Just set up my own catering business a year ago. If i have a bad day i just leave everything alone 4 that day and jump on the bike or go 2 the gym and do something i enjoy and go back 2 it later. (Its not always easy 2 do). Keep in touch and let us know how u getting on chin up and take care. :ok:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.