Tired a lot? A general question

Posted , 4 users are following.

Let’s start from the beginning,

I’ve always had health anxieties, I’d worry about random lumps I’d found on my body etc etc. Two years I started getting into marijuana, it was pretty good honestly until around 6-8 months ago where it triggered the worst anexity of my life. I couldn’t really leave my house for 3 months, extreme stress, anexity you name it.

I’m lucky with my job that I was able to work very little hours and get by - otherwise I would have been in serious trouble. I’ve since stopped all drugs.

During this period I went to the doctors, I got an ecg which found an arythmia - but the doctors didn’t think it was dangerous at all, one doctor thought I had tarcadia, but when I went to the emergency room they didn’t think it was an issue.

I also got my bloods done in this period, they came back all clear.

I feel like now mentally I’m coming out of the anexity disorder bought on by the drugs. I still worry a little bit, but it’s not anything like before.

However, after all this I still feel extremely tired (even after the doctor said my tiredness was probably due to anexity). It’s hard to explain, but I feel somewhat lightheaded when I get tired. I use devices a lot for my work, and then also play video games after work. I’ve been going to bed at 10-11pm and getting up around 6.30am and still feel extremely exhausted.

Do you think this could be fatigue related to the extreme stress I suffered for all those months? Or should I go back to the doctor.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liam,

I was doagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder. Doctors gave me antidepressants Xanax, Escitalopram (SSRI), Benzodiazepines. 

One day I took slew of supplements and herbals thinking that it would help my health. But it backfired and create a complications. I had a short panic attack, muscle tightness, chills, heart palpitations. But I took Xanax to cool it off. The next morning I started to have foggy brain and extreme fatigue like you mentioned. So I stopped all meds and started to see various different physicians about this and spents thousands of dollars. Unfortunately nobody knows whats going on. All blood test, MRI came back negative. 

After awhile all seems to point to “Seratonin Syndrom Withdrawal”. Don’t ask me how. But all the symptoms checks out. The only thing I did that help is acupuncture. I also went to pointofreturn for pointers.  It’s been 3 months for me, the body somehow regulate itself to heal. I eat healthy,  nothing inflammatory, 90% vegan. Lots of fruits and juice and plenty of meditations and rest everytime the fatigue hits. 

I’m not a doctor but I can relate to your problem.  Don’t take my word for it, I’m just trying to beat this thing on me. It’s been difficult. 

• Posted

Maybe you could try going to bed earlier and see if that helps. Some people's bodies need more rest than others, especially if your going through lots of stress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.