Tired, aching legs, feeling weak...

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had various tests in the past from numerous doctors and they are adamant I don't have a physical condition. They diagnosed me with health anxiety disorder and borderline GAD?!?

Usually I can battle through everyday and Not have any symptoms of anxiety, however these past few weeks at work have been really stressful. I was thrown into managing my store as my previous manager quit. I am currently on holiday for 6 days and my 2nd day off I feel really tired, aching and week and seem demotivated. Is this just a crash from stress? I am drinking water and eating fine. I have started obsessing over my condition now and keep checking my pulse and heart rate and I don't know if it's just me but it feels weird... any advice and help to get rid of whatever this is and get back to normal (ish)

Thanks

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I think that you need a rest and it is good you are having some time off.

We are not all supermen you know.

• Posted

Firstly, Anxiety disorder is an illness the same as any other illness. It will generate unpleasant physical symptoms. The fact that you have been given a clean bill of physical health is your starting point on the road to coping and recovering.

You have to stop taking your pulse/heart rate because this is adding stress overload. Had you had any physical problem that required attention the doctors would have picked up on it and acted accordingly.

So now you know you have GAD. Nothing more, nothing less. Any anxiety disorder takes it,'s toll. From various nasty physical symptoms to overall weariness and aching feeling.  Tension causes tiredness. The more you "fear" symptoms, them the more you exacerbate them.

Knowledge is power, You need to familiarize yourself with the condition and its effects. And there is no better starting place than this site. Browse it. Read what others say about their condition and take in the fact that we are all in the same boat...BUT, here we all help each other along, because nobody, not even a doctor, knows more about Anxiety disorder, whatever shape or form it comes in, than a fellow sufferer.

Don't feel alone because you are not. Don't imagine you are suffering some life threating illness because you are not. Don't look for reassurance that you heart and pulse are working as they should be. Concentrate upon the real problem not one you imagine.

It's not easy but taking control will help you enormouslysmile

There are some amazing people on this site. It's the best "medecine" you could hope for or  be prescribed

• Posted

Helen is right on target, Quartz!!! I would suggest from what you said, that your best bet is to go to a doctor that will prescribe an anti anxiety med, even if you only do it for a time. The meds will still the fear, stress and panic, so you can think straight enough to follow all the advice you will see on this site for helping yourself.

I'm surprised your diagnosing doctor didn't prescribe. You will be fine.  All of us who are in the same boat had to start somewhere to get a handle on this and clear our minds. Obsessing is common to us all with anxiety, but you don't need to stay in that space.

Being put in a managing position is enough for many "normal" people to go...HELP!smile It could feel like hell to someone already dealing with anxiety. Do youself a huge favor and check our meds...at least for now.

• Posted

Well if this get's out of control and you start obsessing, and this is interfering with your life,then I would say your having anxiety. Being thrown into a new postsition could make your stressed, and worn out. If this persist, please call your doc and go for a visit, you want to get treated before it get's out of control

• Posted

I have been diagnosed with GAD and health anxiety a year ago. I had been feeling fine, few hiccups here and there. It generally fine until these past few weeks at work. Lots of stress being thrown into taking over the store, I have just never felt so drained and demotivated before. I have always refused the meds in hopes that I can fight this off myself. I'd rather not get meds as I will have a barrage of possible side effects to deal with and fret over as well.

• Posted

you may be better off coping with the store under the influence of the meds. Have a think about it.
    • Posted

I told my sister that I didn't want to take meds, that I could handle it alone,(another issue, not anxiety) and she told me that my answer sounded sounded like an ego statement. On pondering that, I agreed to try it. What a difference it made....magic. To this day I am grateful for her courageous honesty.

Ponder this, Quartz...could that be so? Bigbiggrin hug to you.

• Posted

I will get an appointment hopefully with the doctor tomorrow. I don't know what to say, I feel like the boy who cried wolf. They must be sick of the sight of me going there every few weeks. What do you think they will prescribe? I'd be worried over the side effects as well rolleyes

• Posted

There are many, antidepressants, Quartz. With my med, I have slight  swelling in my ankles. However, it works so well that proping my feet up a few times a day is a very small price to pay. Lots of people have no side effects, others have to change meds a few times to hit the perfent one for their body. Believe me darlin', it is so very worth it.

Just tell your doctor the truth, that the anxiety is knocking out any quality of life, and that you would like him to prescribe an anti anxiety med. You, like me, may hit the right one first try, If not, give him a call  and he will  try another. i had to call mine twice for higher dosage. The med was perfect for me, but it had to be stronger....Perfect!

wink

I am very proud of you for taking action, many people do not. Keep us in the loop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.