Tired ALL the time....

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had 2 tkr surgeries in the last 3 months. All went well for the most part. The last one has me dealing with a hematoma and edema above and beyond so recovery is taking quite a bit longer. The end result should be the same but it's slow getting the swelling down. My issue is I'm just absolutely tired all the time. No energy. No ambition or drive. Just want to sit, sleep constantly. Any of you have this problem and if so, how have you dealt with it? Just can't seem to get my mojo back. Thanks. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Wow 2 TKR in 3 months? No wonder you are tired!? How old are you? I had one TKR 4 months ago, I am tired a lot, I am 65, tho, My knee is tight mostly not much pain but the other one hurts quite a bit with the arthritis. Is that why you had 2?? I know another replacement is in my future! Good luck!
    • Posted

Thanks. I feel better. I'll be 70 in April. And yes, terrible arthritis in both knees. I just flew through the first surgery so decided to get the other one over with so I could enjoy NEXT summer / fall and have this all behind me. Did not anticipate dealing with a hematoma which has really slowed my recovery with this second one. I wonder how these people who have 2 knees done at one time handle it?!! Ha. Good luck to you recovering from the one you had 4 months ago and to the future surgery. In the end it's well worth it.

• Posted

Well, sorry you had more complications the 2nd round. I hope my 2nd time goes smoothly. I am hoping to wait until Spring. I agree, I don't know how people do 2 at once!!  I wear out very easily too, hope that will improve with time. Thanks

• Posted

Just as a follow up: I saw my surgeon this morn for 6 week check. X-rays are perfect. All is healing so well. The hematoma he says will take MONTHS to get down. But once I get there my knee will be as good as the first one. So he told me to just hang in there - - it will go down eventually. Apparently those can cause serious infection which leads to another surgery so he feels I am so lucky and fortunate that my body was "tough" and it didn't go down that path. Guess I need to be very thankful. He also said being tired was to be expected and that, too, will get better and better as I continue to heal. Take care. And good luck next spring. 

• Posted

Do you know what caused the hematoma? I am assuming that is a bruise, or blood collecting place?  Glad your checkup went well. Thanks
    • Posted

I have some vericosity ......they feel a vein or veins that leaked during surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.