Tired All The Time

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 43 year old female and have suffered with chronic fatigue for as long as I can rember together with anxiety/depression and more recently light headedness if I try and do any exercise.

Through doing a private health check a week ago I have discovered I have GS which explains a great deal and is a relief in one way.

However my tiredness and anxiety is massively effecting my quality of life and I wondered if anyone else with GS had tried anything that has resulted in them being less tired.

I would really appreciate any advice please.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was first diagnosed when I was 15 (i'm now 40).Along with a lot of people who have posted on this site I suffer with stomach ache, tiredness, but the worst sympton for me is feeling nauseous most of the time, any one out there that suffers with nausea through this condition?
  • Posted

I was diagnosed in my mid twentys i'm now 31. I have found that when my diet is bad i feel the worst, the fatigue gets really bad as well as the head aches. I try and eat lot's of veggy's and take in a lot of water, it seems to work for me.
  • Posted

I was diagnosed at 16 and told to avoid alcohol, cigarettes and the pill. Twenty odd years later vague but persistent complaints such as yellowy skin and eyes, tiredness, loss of appetite and occasional nausea continue. I avoid fatty foods (I had gallstones 10 years ago - another link I believe to the Gilberts) over-eating, booze and I never did smoke anyway. I take milk-thistle when I remember to and try to keep active, which is hard because I get tired and light-headed easily (mistaken for laziness!). I find my mind wandering off when in conversation which is difficult as I always had a sharp brain!

The only thing that has worried me recently is that two years ago when undergoing a general anaesthetic for a gynae procedure I felt a massive weight/tightening of my chest (unlike other procedures in past years) as I was falling asleep and couldnt alert the physician - luckily I came round but my experience was dismissed.

Today I had a triple injection at the dentists and after the third (to numb my mouth etc.) I had a lighter version of the above but stayed awake while the sensation travelled down from my chest to my legs. I was scared-but couldnt alert anyone as they had all left the room. The dentist knew about my Gilberts but I wonder why I am suddenly having bad experiences with anaesthetics etc. Anyone any ideas?

• Posted

Bingbong

Im 37 and got GS, I had a very similar experience with anaesthetic at dentist a few years ago (before diagnosed) as I had a about 3 shots as was not having the right numbing effect initially.

Maybe something in that liver wise ?

Not sure whats in that injection !!

I'm very sensitive to artificial sweetners and naff additives in food/drinks.

Hope this helps...

Ian

• Posted

i have had complicated obstructive jaundice due to gallstones and had gallbladder removed. i was yellow for 6 months! i have since had surgery for an incisional hernia - in hospital i got a bit freaked as my eyes went yellow post op .. i spoke to a nurse who said well what do you expect you have got gilberts syndrome - my doc has previous hospital reports and tells me nothing states i have been diagnosed with GS ... i am confused!!
  • Posted

[quote=\"Ian Mac\"]Bingbong

Im 37 and got GS, I had a very similar experience with anaesthetic at dentist a few years ago (before diagnosed) as I had a about 3 shots as was not having the right numbing effect initially.

Maybe something in that liver wise ?

Not sure whats in that injection /quote]

i have had problems with max dental anesthesia not working and also sedation for ercp not working.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.