Tired and anxious

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a total hysterectomy on the 5th of April 2018 I had a bad experience as I was sent back to the ward with on pain relief no pcs I think that's what it is called. Worse night off my life spent it crying and asking for pain relief. 6th week of recovery in don't sleep for more than 3-4 hours, crying so anxious and tired feel hot at night but no hot sweats going to discuss hrt with docter feel like I will never be myself again the night after surgery is on my mind tried discussing with docters nurses but every blaming each other no one given me answer's. I'm 48 I'm wondering has this happened to anyone else

I feel I should be a lot better than I am you hear people are back to work after 4-6 weeks I am nowhere near that I have a job that involves a lot of lifting. They started a laprosacy (sorry about spelling) then they had to do a abdominal.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear that. I went the next working day to the doctors office, and asked for pain relief, I spoke to the doctor and told her to give me some norcos or else I would walk into urgent care for pain relief.  I pray you will soon find relief. Stay strong 
    • Posted

Thank you it was really hard women were coming back with morphine drips (pcs)so they just had to press button for relief and sleeping they felt really sorry for me they were more understanding then doctors or nurses
  • Posted

I had ovaries and mass removed on April 12. They also started with a laparoscopy but ended up going abdominal also. What started off as being an hour procedure ended up over 5 hours. The first time I had my hysterectomy in 2015 I had a button to push when I was starting to feel pain and it worked very well. This time I awoke in pain an I also had to keep asking for pain relief. My husband kept pressing the call button to call the nurse for help but at that moment they were on shift change. I spent a similar night as you do I understand. Everyone blamed everyone else. I am now just getting over it. I am 4 weeks post op and find that I have absolutely no energy and am exhausted upon waking so i understand your frustration. My naturopath said it’s normal and eventually little by little it will come back. I cannot do HRT due to health issue but my naturopath has given me dr Reckeweg R10 which has been a Godsend. My hot moments have passed, I seem less depressed and my patience is also better. I have also discovered C-panty which is wonderful when going for a walk or drive in the car. I hope this helpssmile If I can help with anything please let me know. 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply I have had to make a complaint against the hospital just to find out why it happened because it does play on my mind especially opening my eyes seeing my daughter crying because she said I looked so ill and bad. I will look into the other things. Thanks again I do appreciate it I felt alone
    • Posted

It’s already a difficult experience when you do have pain meds but without is horrible. Know that you are not alone and I’m sending you some positive wavessmile
  • Posted

I feel your pain , literally . I'm 5 day post op  TAH and needed to spend over 4 hours in recovery because of breathing problems and when I was taken to my room I was given paracetamol to get me through. I told the nurse I take stronger tablets for my period pains than that so she upped it to ibuprofen and then like you I had to ask for it and that was going private . x

• Posted

I feel for you I never want to go through a night like that again. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.