Tired and everything hurts

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good afternoon I'm so tired all the time. My first appt with an RA doctor is next week Tuesday. I feel as though all I do is complain, tired, burning and hurting that is all my husband hears from me. I just want to know does the RA cause all this and will it get better.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michele.. It does get better for most people. Your rheumatologist will help you. Ask him/her lots of questions and say exactly how you're feeling. I mentioned that I was tired all the time, even after a good nights sleep To my rheumy. It can be all part of your illness unfortunately. Your rheumy will make sure you have blood tests and xrays and get ypu on some of the best meds. Chin up and let us know how it goes x
    • Posted

Thanks for the incouragement. I have had some kind of illness over 20 years and here I get to add another. I'm 52 years old and have migraines , fibromyalgia, RLS and have had 7

Back surgeries. Im just so tired of all this that keeps happening to me. I gain weight because I'm stressed. You would think if I am going to have all of this I could have something that would help me loose weight. Thank the good Lord I have a great husband that tries to take care of me.

• Posted

Hello Michele, I think that is where this forum helps as we are all in the same boat, we can support each other.

I can understand when you say you feel as though all you do is complain about all these things that are wrong with you, also I guess that's what familys are for to support us too.  I sometimes think the only words mine hear are I'm sore, I'm tired.  

I really hope you get help from your doctor.

• Posted

Hi Tricia I will definitely keep you posted. Thank you for the incouragement.
  • Posted

It does get better! You will get good days and bad days! Apart from the physical pain and tiredness I think It takes a while to get your head around the whole situation. Good luck!!
  • Posted

hello michele  yes RA does cause this you will get xrays and meds  i did but i still get  flare ups  but not as bad as before i started carol
    • Posted

Thanks Carol

It's nice to visit with people that have similar problems. Thank you for the encouragement.

• Posted

i have the same symptoms, been to see r.a. doctor 3 weeks ago they took bloods and did an ultra sound on my wrists, the doctor thinks i have hyper-mobility but still havent had my results, even though i asked for the same letter that was being sent to my gp to be sent to me. so you may not get answers straight away, i think you can face anything when you know exactly what is wrong, good luck
  • Posted

Hi, I'm 28 and I've been told I have sero negative inflammatory arthritis. I felt tired all the time with burning swollen hands which were red and painful. Whilst it wasn't great news to get the diagnosis I did at least have a reason for being so tired at 28! I'm now on medication which has started to work and the fatigue is getting better. It has taken me since September to get a diagnosis and since the medication has started working I've had the first full nights sleep in months. 
  • Posted

Hi, I'm 28 and I've been told I have sero negative inflammatory arthritis. I felt tired all the time with burning swollen hands which were red and painful. Whilst it wasn't great news to get the diagnosis I did at least have a reason for being so tired at 28! I'm now on medication which has started to work and the fatigue is getting better. It has taken me since September to get a diagnosis and since the medication has started working I've had the first full nights sleep in months. 
    • Posted

h33919

Hey there. I'm glad they found something to link your tiredness to. I will look your diagnose to find out

• Posted

Hi

i was doing really well on methotrexate but I've had another flare up at the end of last week. My hands are swollen and in agony and back to square one. I'm at the hospital on Monday to see my consultants but don't know what they will do as I'm on a high dose already. Does anyone know what brings flare ups on? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.