Tired and overwhelmed and grateful I found this forum

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I'm new here and so glad I found this forum. I am 58 years old and discovered I am in menopause. Been reading alot of the posts and have to say a big thank you for sharing cause I thought I was alone and crazy. Having a really hard time sleeping and experience alot of anxiety, crying fits, neck pain. It is overwhelming to say the least. Reading the information shared here, is helping so yeah. A big hug to every woman out there going through this.

4 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Welcome! It is definitely reassuring to know that you are not alone in this. It kind of normalizes it, in a way. You are definitely not crazy, but I totally understand why women feel like this during perimenopause. You can lose all semblance of who you are. To feel utterly unlike yourself is a very heavy burden.

Whenever you are struggling, just reach out. There are amazing women on this forum who are well-versed in "the menopause".

Are you post-menopausal now, or are you still in perimenopause?

• Posted

Hi there! I am post menopausal. I have been going through hot flashes off and on over 3 years and this year I finally had no period for over a year and half.

Funny thing is for the first 3 years I was like yeah if this is menopause I am happy, then on came all the hormone changes. Now it is learning to cope and tell my brain it is going to be fine.

Thank you for listening. Have a great day!

• Edited

Welcome! It is definitely reassuring to know that you are not alone in this. It kind of normalizes it, in a way. You are definitely not crazy, but I totally understand why women feel like this during perimenopause. You can lose all semblance of who you are. To feel utterly unlike yourself is a very heavy burden.

Whenever you are struggling, just reach out. There are amazing women on this forum who are well-versed in "the menopause".

• Edited

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.