Tired of daily feeling sick and the doctors have no clue

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am tired of this illness that I find so many others have and the doctors seem to have not clue how to deal with it. Here is a bit of back ground about me and then I will list my symptoms and maybe between you readers out there and myself we can come up with something that will help us live our daily lives. I am a white female and live in Canada. I am over weight and have tried several diets to lose it but I feel it is a family inherited. I am not retired and would like to enjoy my life. I did have veritgo real bad a couple of years ago but since then have it 90% under control. I have no appendix, no gallbladder, had a hysterectomy, have 2 artifical hips.What ever this illness is has complete control over my life as I never know from 1 day to another how I am going to feel and will I be able to do anything so makes it very hard to plan things. My friends don't seem to bother with me as much to because I either can't committ or cancel out on things. It is also effecting my marriage as my husband is fairly healthy. I have had several doctor appointments, had several tests which all come back negative. My family doctor at this point is relating health issues to stress and depression and has tried me on a couple of antidepresent meds which made me feel much worse so stopped taking them. I have had a ulcer and I have in past been diagonised with H Phylori. As with reading many other discussions most of us have had a fair usage of antibotics. Now to let you know how I feel everyday.

I wake up feeling as if I have a bad case of the flu, I am nauseated, tired, feel week, light headed and feel cold and hot. I start my day taking a antinausea medication. I try to eat but at times can not and if I do eat I don't feel well. I either am constipated or have direaha. Depending on the day and what I eat I get stomach spasams in the upper part of the stomach and in the lower part of the stomach I get pains that feel like I am going into labour. My body hurts all over in different places at different times. I get pain at the base of my head that works it way up and then I feel scared that I may be having a stroke. I get alot of indigestion ( made serveral trips to ER thinking I am having a heart attack). Some days I feel real lucky as I can go almost symptom free. I am tkaing medication for high blood pressure, gout and for gerd. Other than that I take some herbal items. There are days I am afraid to leave the house because not knowing what may happen if I am out and about and then there times I want someone around because I am so sick and if I need medical care need someone to be able to call for help. This has been going on for about a year now but the last 6 months things continue to get worse. I think my doctor is tired of seeing me and hearing me complain of the same things but I need some help to be able a have a bit of a quality of life. I recently went to the health store and explained my problems and letting them know what medications I have tried with no satisfaction. We are working on the assumption right now that I have H phylori again as it can come back especially after some usage of antibiotics. I am taking a product from New Roots which is a hospital bacteria probiotic and a product from Classic Series called Mastic Chios Gum. These both come in capsule form and I am to take 1 capsule from each product on a empty stomach 3 times a day for 2 weeks. Once I am finished these I am going to ourchase a product called CHILL which had ingrediants that are suppose to help people with depression. With this I hope to get some sanity but would like to get rid of this illness all together. I am interested in hearing from others in the same boat and what they have tried and if any had any luck in getting at least 30% better which is good compared to feeling the way I do.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your situation. I've been dealing with just about all your symptons for about 7 months now. Have had every test I could think of but everything normal. Don't know where else to check except maybe heart problem. Everything else has been elimiinated. I'm tired of it , I'm tired of doctors I'm tired of our usless medical profession. I had H-Pylori , did the treatment. Personally I don't think the cure rate is anywhere near what doctors claim. So I just gets worse. We've all been lied to by the medical profession. If they actually cured people of the illnesses they would be cutting their own income. How many average income doctors do you know ?

• Posted

Hi Darlene, have you heard of Fabriomyalgia as I have this, and a lot of what you describe are identical to my symptoms?
    • Posted

I have heard of this and the doctor ruled out as he said I didn't fit the trigger points. I feel I have it and there has to be some thing that one can do to ease this. Can't beleive with all the modern technology and educated people that there is sign of any kind of help to let people live a normal life.

• Posted

I don't know if any of this will help.. Have they tested for Crohn's or lupus. Both zap energy. Lupus has gi issues doo if you haven't been tested for them I would. It took me years to get my diagnoses. . They will need to do a colonoscopy for Crohn's my wants diagnosed until they decided to do a capsule endoscopy. They were able to see my small intestine which was full of ulcers...They recently diagnosed me with lupus. There are a bunch of autoimmune tests plus a dsdna test they can run. I hope you can figure things out . It took about 9 years to be diagnosed it was horrible Dr.a thought I was crazy.

• Posted

I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and they found nothing. My one sister has lupus but her symptoms are so different than mine. as you can see my response to trisha87499 I can't beleive that something has not been found to help people with their health. I will keep trying to see what I ca find to help and will keep people posted.

• Posted

Have they checked your liver?  Ask to have your liver enzymes checked and have a CT scan of the abdomen.  I found out that my liver was fatty and I had fibrosis.  I'm going for a CT scan tomorrow.  Probiotics, pepperming tea, chamomile tea, ginger etc. help with some of the symptoms.  Also slippery elm.  I too am suprised so many people have these stomach issues.  We live in a world filled with polutions, GMOs, and bad bacteria.  So sad we have to suffer so.  Try not to lose hope.  We all feel your pain...literally.  I hope the doctors can find solutions for all of us.  That would be a welcome miracle.  

• Posted

Another condition to think of is Menier Syndrome. It is often missed completely by doctors and can take years to diagnose. A friend of mine had it, took his doctors seeing him every month for nearly 5 years to figure out what it was. He was miserable.
    • Posted

Thaks I will check into this as I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so will mention it to him.
  • Posted

When you hear all of our stories think about it, the one thing I never common is the doctors don't know or do much for us, given better care I feel we would all have a better standard of life xxx

• Posted

Did you test for SIBO? Just google for it! Your symptoms resemble SIBO. Doctors have no clue..they treat symptoms, and not the cause.

Follow these simple rules..

1. Chew and eat. Don't gulp. Chew 30-40 times until the saliva fully mixes with the food. 

2. Do not drink anything, 30 mins before and after eating. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.