Tired of feeling this way and i don't feel like my doctors are listening to me.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm 24 and living in the UK (as i know test results can range differently in other countries.)

I was diagnosed with B12 deficiency two years ago I'm currently on the injections every three month. Within those two years I also figured out I had a gluten intolerance I was tested for Celiac disease which the test results came back clear. At that same time my TSH serum level tested which came back in their range so nothing more was done about it.

However I seem to have many symptoms that are linked to an issue with a thyroid problem such as;

• Excessive menstrual bleeding I've always had problems with menstrual bleeding since the beginning I've been on pills since the start to control the bleeding.
  • I am always extremely cold to the point where people think i'm joking about how cold i genuinely am.
  • Joint aches / fatigue pretty much all day long and this has been a symptom since I've been in high school I've complained about my body feeling achy and all I've had back from my doctors is i'm low in vitamin D and Iron however never low enough for them to prescribe me medication i'm just told to take multi vitamins which make no difference to me.
  • Hair loss is another massive issue i'm not sure whether it relates to my dandruff problem but my hair has fallen out so much recently and is incredibly thin and dry compared to what it was.
  • I gain weight and loose it pretty fast either way it fluctuates massively.
  • I've suffered with constipation since i was a toddler all my life growing up I've been on medication to help.
  • I've also suffered with heart palpitations recently this past year I've had an ECG done but because that came back normal they took no further action and just told me it was anxiety.

Everytime i've gone to the doctors i feel like they just palm me off and just don't listen to how i'm feeling. It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to go to my doctors because they've made me fee like absolute crap over the years.

Also i recently gained access to my online medical records and to my surprise they'd actually run more TSH tests in the past.

**In April 2015 **the results came back - Thyroid function; Normal + 2.03 miu/L [0.34 - 5.6]

**January 2017 - 1.27 miu/L [0.34 - 5.6] (As well as testing my TSH level they tested my B12 and this was the same time they found that my b12 was out of range and very low.)

**October 2018 was the last time they'd tested it and the results came back 0.85 miu/L [0.34 - 5.6]

I'm just wondering if anyone could sort of advise me on what to do as i'm just extremely tired of being fobbed off constantly by doctors and it's just draining feeling like this all the time and it's getting me beyond down now.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.