Tired of hearing that Granuloma Annulare goes away on its own

Posted , 16 users are following.

I'm fed up with reading that Granuloma Annulare goes away on its own and that it is not  a serious condition. Even the well respected Mayo Clinic makes this stupid claim. Most people have this condition for years.  I have had it for over 20 years.  I am also tired of hearing that it is not a serious illness and therefore there is no research being done to find out what causes this and how to cure it.  it is serious!  it's effects are psycologically debilitating - or doesn't that matter to anyone?  I am also tired of hearing of all those non-sensical remedies that people post onto forums that claim to solve the problem and give false hope.  There is no logical explanation for these remedies.  I never read of more than one person using any one of them with success.  What will it take to get some real solid research on this disease?  it really is more destructive than the medical profession recognizes.   

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

check into humira.  I have seen 2 doctors use it with success
  • Posted

I agree completely with the psychological impact! When people see my GA for the first time, they gasp and ask "what is THAT?" Mine is on my ankle, so people sometimes ask if it's a nasty bruise or if I sprained my ankle. I feel embarassed to wear flip flops, flats, or any other shoes that show my ankles. Before I was officially diagnosed, I would tell people it was a birthmark so they wouldn't think it was contagious. I was in high school when my first spot appeared. 

• Posted

Completely agree. I've had it since I was 10, now 23. In the last couple of months I've had one spreading on my eyelid, which has really impacted my confidence. I'm constantly covering my eye around people. Never been a make up person either so not sure on how to cover it up.

Been to the doctors constantly trying to get something done, but just constantly giving me steroid creams, which hvent worked for the last 13 years, so why would it now! Fingers crossed going to start this UV treatment after Christmas (hopefully it work)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.