Tired of living like this

Posted , 7 users are following.

This condition is driving me nuts, I can't enjoy my life and have tried surgery, and different meds, I don't want to keep living this way something has to be done. I don't know how much longer I can last

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

DONT GIVE UP SANDRA

If you google new treatments in HS, there are several things that they are trying.

I know, this sucks.......but you are not alone

• Posted

Thanks Kathygirl, I will check the site out. Hopefully there's something that I haven't tried yet.

Thanks again

• Posted

Hi Sandra! I know the feeling. I’ve been doing well on Taltz, been on it since March. I must say my HS is a lot better for me now. Granted, I still have the cysts, drainage, the occasional flare up and some pain. But, most days I feel I can go on now. I was having low grade temperatures, fatigue and general not feeling well for months. I really think a lot of what I was going through was due to HS.  Everyone is different, but you may want to talk to your doctor about Taltz. I was even thinking of going to an infection disease doctor and therapist, because dealing with this disease is a lot. Lastly , check out Dr. Pimple Popper on TLC . They just had a lady on there with HS.  Even though this is tough, we have to forge on. Good luck!
    • Posted

Hi Lisa33973, thanks for the info I will follow up with your suggestions. I've never tried Taltz but will ask my dermatologist about it.

Thanks again

• Posted

Diet is the key to controlling this terrible condition. I tried everything before discovering diet has everything to do with this. I started Eat Right 4 Your Bloodtype and found relief after a few months eliminating certain foods. There is a Facebook group called HS Diet Connection. Alot of info. from people and various diets including Paleo, Auto-Immune protocol, and a few others that have found relief.
    • Posted

Hi Hurts, I have been slowly changing my diet, I've had three surgery in the last year. I've even had an abdominal plasty this past September. I've been on antibiotics Acutane, Humera. Also useing tumeric cumin the works. But will follow up with your suggestions.

Thanks again

• Posted

I’m sorry. I know what it’s like. But don’t give up! There’s hope. I dealt with it for 19 years but I’ve been over it for going on a year now. No flare ups. For me I stay away from sugar. But I never thought I’d be HS free but can confidently say I am now!

• Posted

Hi Sarah 80474

Thanks for your concern I truly appreciate it. The replys have been great, I will keep hope alive.

Thanks again

• Posted

I’m sorry. I know what it’s like. But don’t give up! There’s hope. I dealt with it for 19 years but I’ve been over it for going on a year now. No flare ups. For me I stay away from sugar. But I never thought I’d be HS free but can confidently say I am now!

• Posted

I have felt like you, way too many times myself... everytime a surgery wound didn't heal or I took antibiotics which messed up my stomach or getting multiple steroid shots within a week.

But all hope isn't lost. 15 yrs of HS, several yrs were unbearable and now, I'm in remission. For me Homeopathy & some lifestyle tweaks worked.

For others, diet changes alone has done the trick.

Keep trying different approaches with patience. Good luck!

If you aren't on a Facebook group or have people you can talk to, join a group. It helps.

• Posted

Thanks Chitra.M

I am going to follow up with all suggestions, you guys give me hope.

Thanks so much

• Posted

Happy to help. Took me 5 yrs of treatment to get into reremission. So it is possible. Good luck! Maybe something positive is around the corner for you too! Take care smile
  • Posted

Honestly change your diet completey it put mine into remission I cut out all gluten and dairy, yes it's hard but not as hard as dealing with boils trust me you would notice a difference quickly I think x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.