Tired of the pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's been almost 3 weeks since I  finished 20 rounds of radiation for my prostate cancer and it still feels like Im passing broken glass, does anyone know how long this pain will last. Ive tried several different pain medication but nothing seems to work, I haven't had a good night sleep in I don't know how long. I live in ontario Canada, any sugestions

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My radio-oncologist prescribed “Flowmax” (Tamsulosin).   I have been on it for nearly two years. I’m down to 1-2 capsules a day. Max was 3/day. 

Really helps with the peeing glass feeling as it dilates the urethra.  Will also help some with the prostate cramps I was getting. 

• Posted

Thank you, I will be going to my doctors again and will look into this.
  • Posted

i also use tamsulosin, 0.4 mg, after biopsy. 1 per day, great stuff but reduced orgasm intensity by about 75%. 
  • Posted

Have you been checked for urine infection? If you aren't allergic etc you could try taking ibruprofen to calm the inflammation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.