Tired of this already!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm new here as just been diagnosed. I'm 35 and if I think about it had strange symptoms for the last 10 years. I can handle (just about!!) the incessant joint pain but it's the hellish migraine that are really getting me down. My spine and neck feel like they've been wrenched and my brain has liquid around it ( bizarre I know). I'm always physically sick with it and can hardly lift my head up. This feels like torture. Does anyone else experience this kind of thing? It's horrendous.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Raye,

sorry you're feeling so poorly. I get pain in my neck and down my back also (but probably not as severe as you by the sound of it), and headaches sometimes, mostly behind my eyes and around my jaw. Have you tried microwavable heat packs or ice packs on your face or neck? Or lying on tennis balls to release knots in your neck and back:

http://saveyourself.ca/articles/tennis-ball.php

I learned about this in a yoga class - it felt so amazing! You just put two tennis balls into a sock. Lie on your back (you can put a cushion under your lower back if you wish) and position the tennis balls near your neck, one either side of your spine (but make sure they are not pressing on your spine). Just lie on them until you feel the knots release. Then you can move them further down. You can gradually move them down your spine, til they reach the end. In the yoga class, I used slightly bigger balls than tennis balls (called 'alpha balls' ) that give a deeper massage. I've ordered a set from amazon.

I'm also a big fan of swimming, I feel much better after it.

If you try this let me know if it helps! Hope so.

Take care,

Marie

• Posted

poor you i mean that sounds absolutly horriable ,iv only ever had one bad migraine and i wouldnt want another.

look at a site called anceint minerals dot com ,its tells you about magneiusum and how we lack in it badley in the western world and all the problems it can cause if you lack in it.[ migraines ms fibro me]

if it rings a bell with you it might be an answer, one lady i mentioned magneisum to has tried it in tablet form and her muscle twitching has decreased already just a few days.you can get several different types if you take it in tablet form make sure you get the malate its gentlier on the stomach  than the other types. you can also buy it in liquid form and in flakes to go in the bath or foot soak which after awhile will restore your diminshing stores of the mineral

worth a look at the info see what you think.

• Posted

I have fibromyalgia, 15 out of 18 points on the body. Most days I'm a wreck, but I think I'll try the flakes that you put in the foot bath, and see how that works. Thanks for the tip.

• Posted

Hello Raye sorry to hear about your aches and pains. I were diagnosed 3 years ago its a horrible disease. I am waiting to see the Reumy again in August, can't wait. I were on Pregabalin and took myself off them 6month ago as the side effects I were getting were really bad I felt as though I were drunk all the time and the doc would not take me off them so I did it myself, and lost 10lb for the privalage. I am in constant pain day in day out can't sit for long as I sieze up so have to keep moving. I walk daily although that's a struggle. Just wish we could have meds to rid the pain completely, and have a financial pay out for this damn life changing Fibro..
    • Posted

Hi Anne, I hear you. This is dreadful, the last 6 months specifically have been both scary and painful for me. I had to basically pester my Dr to finally take me seriously and refer me to a rheumatologist. If a blood test is done (and I was checked for basically every illness known to man) and they all come back fine they seem to wash their hands of the situation or are quick to say 'you're depressed' and give you some happy pills. I knew it was something else, my symptoms were too weird and real to be in my head. I find the lack of concentration and feeling empty headed the worst, to go from quite a sharp woman to seeming dozy and out of it is the most frustrating for me. Feels like my body has totally turned against me. Thanks for all your replies ladies, I guess I was just needing a sounding board. People just don't 'get' what this feels like, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
  • Posted

Hi Raye, have you ever been diagnosed with celiac? Or have you ever tried a gluten free diet? Did you know celiac can be a factor with such autoimmune disorders such as migraines, RA, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, etc? It's with it to check it out to see if it might be the underlying cause.
  • Posted

Hi there. Have you ever been checked for actual migraine? Just because you have fibro doesnt mean you dont have other things too. I have migraine (diagnosed before the fibro) and its triggered by chocolate. I wasnt diagnosed for years and could kick myself because my sister also has migraines brought on by chocolate. When i was diagnosed with diabetes I stopped eating chocolate and had barely any more headaches. It could be as simple as that. Fibro does give you neck and head pain esp in the morning, but this sounds worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.