Tired of this shaky feeling, has anyone got any suggestions please?

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the last nearly three months, I have been absolutely wiped out and very shaky through my whole body. Quite often it feels as though my legs are like jelly and it takes a lot of energy to move around. I had Covid back in 2020 and still have ongoing issues with my heart and sense of smell but the muscle weakness and shakiness started three days after I had the booster vaccine. I’m assuming it possibly triggered something that was maybe building in my body.

I’ve been seen by a neurologist who assures me it isn’t neurological, an endocrinologist who has done some further blood tests and am waiting for an appointment with an gastroenterologist because I also have digestive issues, which started around the same time as the shakes.

I led a very active live until a few months ago but am now exhausted all the time and the shaky feeling means that it’s hard to do anything as it just takes so much energy.

All my initial blood tests were absolutely fine, nothing even remotely borderline. I’ve not been able to work for a month now and feel a bit sorry for myself. Does this sound like it could be CFS? I’ll go back to the GP once I have all the other appointments sorted but would just be interested in hearing from anyone else that has the shakes.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi Bert79 sorry to hear your story. Has anyone mentioned fibromyalgia to you? I was diagnosed with this last year and also experience the muscle tremors and weakness. Like you I've seen the neurologist (twice) a rheumatologist and had lots of blood work. Other that borderline underactive thyroid and slightly off kilter on my b12 all was good.

I'm now on meds for thyroid and b12. IBS is also a symptom of fibromyalgia. Do some research on line, it does sound like you may have this.

• Posted

Hi LoobyM, thanks for taking the time to reply. I did have a look at Fibromyalgia but I don't really have any pain which I think is the key symptom? It's just this awful shaky feeling which is there all the time and I feel throughout my whole body. I'm waiting on a B12 blood test result so it'll be interesting to see whether that flags anything. My thyroid is fine. I don't necessarily have the brain fog feeling of cfs just the debilitating shakes, feeling of being very cold all the time and loss of appetite and nausea. It's just so frustrating! Is the B12 that you're taking helping?

• Posted

hmmm, yes Fibromyalgia does present with pain as a major stmptom. My B12 was only slightly out, as was my thyroid. I'm also going through the menopause so there is a lot going on. I do feel better to when all my symptoms started in 2020. I'm sure you will get to the bottom of it. All I can say is, don't be fobbed off. You know your own body. push on until you have the answers. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.