Tired of waking up, and seeing a figure standing over me or in my room

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been having this issue for awhile, but the past few weeks it has happened almost every night. I wake up, see someone or something standing over me or beside my bed. I scream, sit up, blink my eyes and it slowly fades away. I feel like it's eventually going to give me a heart attack, as it takes a long time for me to calm down, and usually a long time to fall back asleep. Mostly because I am scared it will happen again. It mostly happens within the first hour of falling asleep, but there has been times were it happens more then once per night. I question is it real, and my husband just can't see it or do I scare it off before my husband wakes up and realizes what is going on. It has gotten so bad that my boys upstairs have heard my screams and came running down. I feel like I am going crazy, or that I am loosing my mind. Because it has been happening so frequently lately, I am desperate for answers.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Cheyrl this sounds alot like sleep paralysis. You can look it up on line and maybe talk to your doctor. My 27 yr son gets this often so im familiar. Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.