Tired of worrying about every single thing, anyone else?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

I've been suffering from health anxiety for about a year now, although it first started with me worrying there was something wrong with one of my children but turned to me around Christmas time.

I was convinced I had a brain tumour, though not sure why I started to think it. I got more and more anxious and started to get pains in my head, heart skipping a beat, blurred vision, crying a lot and generally panicky. I finally went to the doctors in early June and my gp was quite sure it was health anxiety. She sent me for blood tests which all came back fine.

I felt much better for a couple of weeks after and all the pains in my head went and I actually felt like myself again. Then I started to get a pain in my leg, so I was convinced I had a blood clot or bone cancer. A pain in my arm and it must be a heart attack. I've had a bit of a sore gum on and off for a couple of weeks and read something earlier that convinced me it must be cancer.

I am so exhausted of feeling like this about every single thing. Two of my children have had a sickness bug this week and I was convinced they must have cancer. It literally makes me just want to sleep. My husband is an amazing support and somehow puts up with me.

Does anyone else feel like this? Worry about the tinest of things? It's wearing me down.

I should add my lovely gp has recommended I have CBT which I'm happy to do but in my area you have to self refer and once you email them they call you to discuss the problem briefly and I just can't bring myself to do it, I hate talking on the phone at the best of times and even this makes me anxious.

Is there anyone that can relate to this? Sorry this is so long.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I am the same for the past few weeks I am always worrying that am going to get a bad illness past few days I have been getting bad pains in my chest and now am worrying I have something really wrong with me. I get the dry mouth all the time too. All the symptoms you have are anexity. It's the most awful thing ever and every day if a get a pain or twinge my aniexty kicks in straight away. I wish I could stop thinking like I do. It's so hard. 

Mine has started since I had my little boy he is now 2 and a half. 

Am so glad u have found this forum so I can talk to other people who are in the same situations as my self. 

• Posted

Hi Rebecca. I started getting the worrying thoughts after I had my third child last year, I was fine after the births of my first two children so I don't know if its connected to having my third daughter last March or just a coincidence it started a couple of months after having her.

I'm sorry you are going through similar. I knew nothing about anxiety before experiencing it myself and its awful.

Sometimes I can convine myself that it is just my anxiety and there is nothing wrong with me but other times it takes hold of me and I have horrible over powering thoughts about my own funeral and leaving my children.

Have you been to your gp or had any councelling. Thank you for replying to me, it's lovely to be able to talk to someone going through similar, although I wish none of us were.

• Posted

I did go to my GP once I had my son as I was so bad and he put my on citroplam I was on that for about 10 months then came off as he said I was better and I was. It's just recently I have got worse again in the last few months and what triggered it off was i had a awful cold for about a month then since then I have just each day get worse. I cry all the time and I dread being left on my own as I worry and google every ache and pain I have which my fiancé tells me not to do that. I am only 26 and have never smoked I don't even drink eat a healthy life style and exersise but still I have in my head every day I am going to get so poorly and won't see my son grow up I am actually crying now writing this as it just upsets me so much. 

• Posted

Oh lovely, I can totally sympathise with you and could have written that myself. I am 32 and don't smoke or really drink but anxiety can affect anyone. 

My husband always tells me not to google but I still do it and then end up in a panic. I always try and remind myself that whatever symptom I am googling, it could be for many different things and very unlikely that it will be life threatening. I also remind myself that anxiety can cause us to have a wide variety of pains and the more we worry and stress the more the pains can increase.

Please try and relax sweetie, this will pass, I take things day by day, sometimes minute by minute if I need to. 

• Posted

It's the most scary thing ever tho Isisnt it and it frightens me so much. Thank you so much for those nice words they really mean a lot. It's so nice to have this forum were u can talk to other people who know exactly what your going through. My family and partner are so supportive but sometimes they don't know what your going through and how hard it is if u get me. 

Yesterday I had a good day and didn't hardly think of anything but today has been a bad day and have had the dry mouth stomach turning over, pains in chest and arms. 

• Posted

Oh yes it is so scary and when it's happening and you're worrying you really believe its real, I have fully convinced myself of having all sorts of illnesses and that I will die but the next day I can be fine and I realise how ridiculous I was to believe I would die just because I had a headache or a pain somewhere.

Its great that your family are supportive. My husband and Mum are great but I know I drive them nuts going on about being ill and crying so often.

You can always message me if you ever want a chat.

• Posted

Hi,

You may ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), go to a doctor and get yourself checked out for it.

• Posted

Hi Helen

Reading this made me think for a second if I had wrote it as I can fully relate to it.

Ever since I was pregnant with my son (he's 15months now) I've been back and forth to the drs, hospital, a&e, opticians having so many tests done as I was (and sometimes still am) convinced I have something wrong with me.

Like you I've had tests (and they've all come back fine) and yet I still panic.

Recently I've been diagnosed with asthma (even though I'm not sure I do due to no proper test being able to be carried out to confirm it) but I don't want to take the asthma pumps encase i don't.

When I go out I convince myself that something bad is going to happen - mainly passing out or not being able to breathe - and then I get all kinds if symptoms - feel faint, shaky, heart racing etc

My friends and family have told me I'm a hypocontriac but I can't help it.

I've been referred for CBT as well but the waiting list is so long. 

I just hope it comes around soon as it's having a big impact on my life (haven't been to work for 3 months) and my son (only take him places if someone is with me).

I really hope things get better soon as it's not nice going through this and feeling the way you do.

• Posted

Hi tinytitch,

Sorry you are also going through this. My daughter is 16 months old but the anxiety didn't start until she was a couple of months old and it wasn't too bad at first. It's massively affecting my life now. I spend much of my day worrying something is wrong with me.

Even though you've had tests that have all been ok do you still experience different symptoms? I've felt quite nauseous on and off since Friday and have convinced myself there must be something drastically wrong with me. It's just awful.

• Posted

Hi Helen

I too still think that there is something wrong with me.

I still get some symptoms - today I've had problems breathing (not being able to catch my breath and trouble exhaling - really scared to be honest). 

I still get visual disturbances, been diagnosed as visual migraines.

I also have days  where I feel do shaky and light headed.

I'm trying not to let it rule my life x

• Posted

I have the same anxiety just like you I'm worry about my health a lot , I keep saying why i have stomach proplems and acid reflux  and keep worry about any pain in my body and have over thinking keep me depressed and nervous , but there are some wonderfull books that talk about how to fix anxiety and let me tell you that nothing is worth to worry about and it's just waste for time , keep belive and have hope that every thing will be ok have a wonderful day  
  • Posted

I know this is an old discussion but is anyone still suffering?
    • Posted

Yes every day. I have horrible health anxiety i try and work through it day by day
    • Posted

Its horrible. I'm 45yrs old and have been dealing with it off and on since I was 19. I have always seemed to pull out of it one way or another until the next episode. Recently my father has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and since then I'm not getting any relief. Things are just getting worse and worse for me. I'm getting to a point where I'm feeling done. I'm tired of worrying, I'm tired of crying. I just Dont seem to find any positive things to help pull through. I'm at a point where my mental state has brought on many physical pains as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.