Tiredness?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just wondered if others had experienced tiredness as a symptom of bronchiectasis?

I am lucky to only have the condition mildly. I am usually well and am cough and sputum free between infections but find I suffer increasingly from bouts of overwhelming tiredness.

Could this be related to my lung condition or at 45 years am I just getting very old?!!!

Any thoughts appreciated. Regards Victoria.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed in 2002 after over a year of lung infections. It cost me about two thousand pounds: most of which was paid to the NHS for a CT scan and a bronchoscopy. I manage to minimise the exacerbations through bronchial clearance, but I am stuck with chronic infection (haemophilus, which I believe is fairly common). I have read that fatigue is a common sympton; I certainly get it even after a full night's sleep. It also affects my concentration, which is the thing I find the most frustrating: I just feel it interferes with things I want to do well.

Bern

• Posted

I also have mild bronchiectasis, kept reasonably under control mostly through exercise and diet, but through the summer I found I became extremely tired, also kept falling asleep during the day.

Visit to doctors, had blood screening, everything OK, he thought it could be my age, I'm only 53!

Recently remembered Manuka Honey had a positive affect on my infection and noticeably so with energy levels, so have started taking a teaspoonful at bedtime again, I feel completely transformed

So maybe give it a try?

• Posted

[quote:079772d8b0=\"Norwich1 \"]I also have mild bronchiectasis, kept reasonably under control mostly through exercise and diet, but through the summer I found I became extremely tired, also kept falling asleep during the day.

Visit to doctors, had blood screening, everything OK, he thought it could be my age, I'm only 53!

Recently remembered Manuka Honey had a positive affect on my infection and noticeably so with energy levels, so have started taking a teaspoonful at bedtime again, I feel completely transformed

So maybe give it a try?[/quote:079772d8b0] I've had it since I was 17 and I'm now 72 and can say I could fall asleep any time any place!! Never have any energy but somehow keep going.

• Posted

Hi I'm 48 n I was diagnosed with bronchieastasis as a baby n I always feel tired n I cannot hold a job down as wen I get infections I'm really poorly n carnt do much. I m on nebuliser n medication n physio daily but did manage to do a floristry course? People don't realise how hard this is I'm constantly tired n day to day things I find harder to do now. But I have fantastic kids n my mum who has been there for me no matter what as she feels responsible for the way I am as I have situs inversus all my internal organs back to front as well. I was told that by time I got to 40 that I would be in a wheelchair n might need a transplant but I defined the odds n not there yet. Just llive life to the full n do ur best. I'm still here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.