Tiredness 30mg

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi guys

Been on 30mg for 5-6 weeks

I take 15 at night/ 15 in the morning as I can't sleep on 30mg at bedtime

Just wondered if anyone else has the same problem?

Taking 15mg in the morning is making me very tired. Although it is manageable

Thoughts please

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gavin, when the doc upped my dose to 30, I would sleep good one night, somewhat restless the next night and than not at all every 3rd night. I hope it's getting better for you sleep wise . Best wishes.

• Posted

I'll prefer to be up with 30 mg instead of tired with 15, however, I'm taking valdoxan too.

They work together very well.

• Posted

Taking 30mg at bedtime and sleep like the dead. Only problem is I suspect it is contributing to low libido. I plan on discussing this with my Dr. at next visit.
    • Posted

Hi,if it is any comfort mine has also gone out the window as has several other people on here.I mentioned it to my doc and his reply was "i didnt know it did that aswell".Make of that what you will.While I'm on here-can I also say that this hot weather is no good for me on mirtaz either.Th smallest amount of exertion makes me sweat "like a good'un" and I'm having probs cooling down.

• Posted

I think your right James. It knocked me out but I was still very groggy the next day. That got a litle better after awhile, but I think that now after being on it for 20 years, I can take it at 7:00 pm and I'm still not sleepy. I don't know if it just quits working after some years or not. But low libido is  a common side effect of alot of these types of medications. 

• Posted

Odly @15mg had the opposite effect and actually improved my sex life. This med has side effects that can go both ways. I am pretty sure I will go back to the 15mg and hope that will help with the depression/anxiety as well as my love life.
  • Posted

Hi Gavin

I would suggest going back to your gp. I understood mirt as helping to sleep and maybe that is why your tired taking it in the morning.

Maybe you could try taking 30mg a few hours before going to bed? Then try some music to aid sleep, white noise, sleep hypnosis type things when you go to bed?

But it maybe that your gp might want to change your meds.

Good luck

• Posted

Taking Remeron (Mirtapazine) in the morning is going to make you really tired and sleepy during the day.  My doctor told me years ago to only take it a couple of hours before going to bed. It has a affect on me, or used to as I've been taking it now more than 20 years, that 2 hours prior to bedtime will start making you sleepy as it has kind of a narcotic effect,much like sleeping pills. I want to get off of this stuff as I think either it's stopped working or has enhanced my generalized anxiety.  

• Posted

Each person is different. I was only explaining what it did for me when I told my phyc that I was taking it during the day - she said no no no.  You must take it at night. I am glad it's working this way for you though.

• Posted

Hi Gavin,It all depends on how it's working for what your taking it for.If it is for anxiety/depression like me and seems to help it's worth the trade off,at least for me.You'll have to weigh it and decide.Good luck and God Bless You,Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.