Tiredness

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have suffered with fibromyalgia for just over 2 years. The most debilitating and therefore depressing factor is the intense fatigue. I can no longer fly, or take a holiday. Even a weekend break can confine me to bed for a week on my return. Does anyone else have this problem? I am 64.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hello Angela I can relate to your sleep although I slept last night I feel as if I have been awake for days I feel very tired. Sorry you are going through this there is no outright solution. If you need to talk please know l am here. I feel sharing your feelings with others who understand helps in a small way.

take care

linda

• Posted

Thanks Linda. I sleep pretty well most nights, it's just daytime activity that wipes me out totally. A few hours of childminding, or playing with a puppy, can leave me whacked out for days after. I have really had to modify my life. I'll get used to it.
  • Posted

Hi Angela

The fatigue does affect me but I am not sure if that is because I never sleep very well  I could often doze off during the day even if I have slept but I just get tired of the pain and trying to carry on regardless of it   I find that I suffer the horrendous Fibro Fog after a really bad nights sleep  Do you take any meds at night to help you sleep? 

• Posted

No Wendy, I don't take any sleep meds. Most nights I do get enough sleep. I have just had to modify my life, and not do very much. Thank goodness I'm retired!!
    • Posted

Hi Angela, it's 17.35 and I finally succumbed to going to bed. I was fine this morning, did a little housework, then went to the supermarket followed by calling in to see my daughter. While chatting with her I was suddenly tired and have been struggling to do things all afternoon. The dishes are in the sink -and dishwasher- and the house looks untidier than usual but hey! I'm all cosy in bed with the crossword, my iPhone and tv. Sometimes you just need to give insmile
  • Posted

i find the general ach of fibro bearable not so when its a flare up .that is allmost impoissiable to cope with.sad

the general tirdeness is bearable , but when it is the crushing type its so depressing mad

i want to go and see my sister inlaw its a 4hr car journey iv been promisng for months ,but i know excatly what i will be like when i get back a sleep for a week and washed out like a zombie for at least another 2 . mad

it is the worst part of it i think most sufferers think so your not alone .sad it puts me of even the simplist shortest trip  because i know what is coming .and its crushing . 

i feel like i just exist hanging around taking up space . i was always a doer like to be busy now just cleaning the house is a monmentous task . if they medical bods could sort out the fatigue i could cope with the pain .sad

• Posted

Thanks for your reply tiswas24537. Like you I once led a very active life, and had a high flying career. The symtoms of my fibromyalgia have become really profound in the last 2 years, but I believe it has quietly sat there for a lot longer. You are describing  exactly what I am experiecing. I had to give up the gym last October, and much as I would love to keep a dog, it would exhaust me too much. It's a true devil of a condition.
    • Posted

could you afford a dog walker , iv got 2 dogs but iv got someone to walk them . i couldnt live with a cuddle and snuggle without my 2 fluffy friends .

i think it starts with little symptoms that you dont think anything of then as the stress builds thru life it than hits you like a brick wall .its only with hinesight that you look back and see fibro markers . .hope you have a good night nite .lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.