Tiredness

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on Venlafaxine for just over 3 weeks and take them in the evening around 9, as these make me drowsy. Even though I take them in the evening I am so tired all the time, does anyone else get this? If so, does it last or wear off after time?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. You get used to it.

I used to take mine at 7pm with my dinner. I had extended release. I felt fine getting up but it took me 4 weeks or so yo adjust to it.

Your depression cud account for the tiredness too.

Try getting out in the sun on nice days or get a SAD light. I have good effects with mine and even had one purchased by my employer's.

• Posted

I have the slow releasing tablet. Hoping by next week I will get used to it then.

Sound stupid what is a SAD light? I do try and get out on sunny days but it's hard working in an office all day.

Thank you for replying.

• Posted

Hi. Sorry. A SAD light is a Seasonal Affective Disorder light. I am a teacher and find it hard to get out of my classroom to get some sun and my work got me a lamp as part of their adjustments to support me to work as I had a lamp at home. It simulates daylight and 20-90mins per day works wonders. I have it by my PC or have on the table when i mark. It helps my sleep and ups my energy. Great in the dark winter months but even now!

Talk to your HR as they may help you get one. They're about 40 quid.

Good luck.

• Posted

Ah okay, I only work in a small office so don't have HR but will speak with my boss. Thank you x
    • Posted

Yeah. Go for it.

Depression is viewed as a disability and you are protected by law and employers must support you where possible to work as it's good for us!

Good luck.

• Posted

I found this but as time went on my body got used to the medication. I now take mine in the morning and have no tiredness all day. Persevere 😊
    • Posted

Thank you, will keep carrying on with the tablet, just feel so tired all the time and want to start exercising soon but don't have the energy sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.