Tiredness

Posted , 10 users are following.

Dooes anyone with the dreaded bronchiatesis feel tired,  I've just finished a dose of antibiotics and now `i am feeling so exhausted and jittery  

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes, antibiotics can knock the stuffing out of anyone, especially those of us who have bronchiectasis and/plus other lung conditions.

We can often feel tired even when we aren't on antibiotics or oralsteroids such as prednisolone.

Look after yourself, I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

thank you chriselora  I have had broncheactesis for the past 10 years and have never felt so tired as I am now.  Perhaps the weather has something to do with it.   London is very hot and humid just now.  I'm the type that bounces back so hopefully I will soon
  • Posted

Hi, unfortuneately tiredness is something we are left with, can be VERY frustrating!
  • Posted

Hi Marion

I have just finished a course of the dreaded, (but much needed), antibiotics for a sinus infection and it has completely wiped me out.  Unfortunately they do take a while to get over and tiredness is a side-effect.   

Hope you feel better soon x 

• Posted

thank you Trish,  its a long time since I had antibiotics and prednisolone so perhaps it is due to medication apart from the horrible weather in london at the moment  very hit and humid
    • Posted

I find hot and especially humid weather very debilitating as well. I just stay indoors and try to stay as cool as is possible.
  • Posted

Yes i get titef usually on an afternoon i have learned to listen to my body and have a nap when possible often fall asleep when doing my breathing exercises lol
    • Posted

Thank you Kathleen  for your advice, actually a friend said the same about having a nap in the afternoon which I never no.  So I am going to give that a go.
  • Posted

hi Marion, yes I too feel exhausted most days, infection or not, it  is a tremendous struggle to do some work some days, when I sit down I could instantly sleep. I dream of some magic potion/tonic that a few slurps of which would have me doing cartwheels in my kilt cheesygrin
  • Posted

Yes Bronchiatesis makes you tired all the time I am trying to hold down a full time job also.
  • Posted

Sometimes I feel exhausted Marion.   Completely exhausted. From everything I've read on this forum it's part  of our Bronchiectasis.  I just make myself rest,   even though I have things that have to get done.  Stay well.
  • Posted

Yes I feel tired all the time .Started having naps through the day x
    • Posted

Thank you Joyce,  Its good to know that its because of the broncheactesis

I am tired.  Today I seem to have bounced back.  A nap in the afternoon does seem to help.  I am a late sleeper, therefore I wake late in the morning and feel quite groggy.  The last two nights I have gone to bed just half an hour earlier and that seems to help me wake earlier .  So having changed my sleeping pattern  seems to have helped.  Hope it lasts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.