Tiredness

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am just so tired all the time, have no energy and get worn out easily. Is this normal at nearly 50?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Alison I’m just the same lately, last Friday I bought some vitamin and minerals to hopefully give me a boost but it’s only day three so don’t yet know what effect they will give me. I don’t sleep very well so I understand I’ll be tired in the day but I feel so weak  .ive been having a sinus infection these last two weeks which has washed me out but I do find when I get the slightest illness my body goes into complete meltdown. As you as is this normal well I think most of us feel this way.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. I don't sleep too well either so that's part of it. We need to be nicer to ourselves.

• Posted

I'm usually exhausted too..  It comes and goes. I'll be doing good for a few days then it's like I shutdown..  It's just odd.  I do take vitamins and try to eat healthy.  I do what I can and if I need a nap  or get to bed earlier I do.  What I don't understand is seeing other women with all this extra energy..  My period has been super heavy which I take iron at this time BUT I think it does affect it.

• Posted

Good Morning Allison

I am going to be 60 this year and I am starting to feel like I have no energy and tired all the time, not tired to sleep but tired to just sit down and watch TV, like after about 2 hours of housework, DONE.  Time to sit.  I have been doing more excersising with helps alot.  How much excersising do you do?  

• Posted

Hi Joan. I don't do as much exercise as I should because I always feel too tired but I try to have at least a little walk every day. After work I exhausted. I think I will try to get jogging again.

• Posted

That's how I feel. Not tired where I to sleep, just want to watch TV. Took off work today, not because I'm tired, but I just didn't want to deal with people today. My co-workers are lovely. Just couldn't deal with clients today. I'm 58, will be 59 this year. I joined the gym yesterday with the hope my energy level will improve. Also my mental state.

• Posted

Ugh..same.Im 47 and there are days I NEED to lay on the couch after dinner (or sometimes before)!! And I’ve also noticed just a simple cold can wear me out completely..I do need to exercise but it’s hard when you’re so exhausted by life! Keep in touch and I’ll keep my eye out for anything that helps! 😊

• Posted

Hello there, it's not normal. Do go to your doctor and have all blood test. They will check things like thyroid, iron count etc. It could be a simple fix

best wises,

Sally

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.