Tiredness after 9 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all. I've been on fluoxetine for 9 weeks total now. First 4 weeks on 10mg and the last 5 on 20mg. I had side effects of increased anxiety and shakiness, jittery, loss of appetite which I always have with anxiety. Every now and then for a day or two I will be extremely tired and feel like I could just lay in bed and sleep all day which obviously I can't as I have kids and have to work. Is it common to feel like this after this long? Would you consider this 5 weeks since my dose was upped or count all 9 weeks? I just feel exhausted. I didn't feel like this yesterday morning and even went and mowed my mother's yard but about 6 o'clock yesterdayI just laid in bed watching TV and dozing in and out. I got up at 630 this morning and have been dragging around? Scared something is wrong with me. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

i'm on day 18 of 10 mg. I have suffered all side effects. Nausea, loss of appetite, increased anxiety, shakiness, ibs, irritability. I had follow up with my doc on friday and he said these will eventually subside and go away. i do feel tired. alot. I Take ativan .5mg to help with the increased anxiety and to help sleep at night. I take mine at night. The ativan is not helping with the nausea so my doc gave me prescription today for phenergan. After everything I have read about this medication it seems that this one takes the longest to reach therapeautic levels. I am staying on 10 for now because he feels like im progressing. Overall, I still don't feel perfect but am pushing thru the side effects the best I can. Another side effect is restlessness. I can't lay down to take a nap for anything. I used to be able to do that. I am 32 and I have never dealt with panic/anxiety. So this is my first time on any AD's. Looking forward to better days ahead!

• Posted

Thanks for commenting. I was feeling pretty good on the 10mg too and then my doctor upped me to the 20mg and at first it was hell but then there was a few good days. I went back a week and a half ago and was feeling ok and she wanted me to up to 40 mg. I haven't done it yet and am scared of the side effects again. I still just been taking the 20. Usually my anxiety is terrible in the morning and subsidesby evening but this morning the anxiety wasn't as bad but this feeling tired and lethargic has sent me into a panic now. I had this a couple weeks ago and then it went away and I'm hoping it's just a phase. I was also given Xanax to help with the side effects and take .5mg as needed although they prescribed me to take the whole 1mg tablet but I break them in half because that's too much and really knocked me out. Thanks for the reply.

• Posted

No problem! The first 3 days I was on fluoxetine was great! I slept good, napped, no anxiety at all. Then a few days later the hell started again. I am gonna try to take just the phenergan tonight and see if that helps. I can't wait to feel good again!

• Posted

I'm on week 9 as well and I just feel weird. I still feel like I can't see straight and I'm not normal. I feel so out of it and focused on myself and not really in the moment. I also have been having bad headaches. And my teeth hurt every once in a while. Anybody take anything to help the headaches? I also have allergies and pressure in my head I think it's from allergies, anything to take for that as well? I also have w fear of siezures because my brother has epilepsy and it's been hell watching that. I've read that Prozac could possibly cause siezures and possibly prevent them? Please need some hope and feel good about this drug. I'm starting to wonder if I should switch to something else. ;(

• Posted

Ive only been on it for 18 days. I am on low dose of 10 mg. Although ive suffered many side effects so far i am gonna try and stick this out. You need to just stay in constant contact with your doctor. That is the only way these meds are going to work, doctor needs to know when he needs to change or regulate. All AD's have side effects no matter what anyone tells you. Everyone is different and may experience something different. Each med you can react differently too. Just stay on top of it. And keep your doctor informed.

• Posted

My teeth have been hurting off and on but I also have a bad molar so hard to tell what it's from. They kind of feel tight though like I'm clenching them. Do you have any tiredness like me? I say that but I was trying to nap but couldn't sleep... Too jittery on inside so it's not like I can't keep from falling asleep, I just tired feeling.

• Posted

Sorry, I'm also on 10 mg. and probably won't go up cause when I tried the depression got bad. I do get jittery. When I wake up in the morning I feel like inside of me is jittery but then I take my Prozac and it goes away. But the last couple of days I've felt weird, today I felt really hyper. I took a little bit of Xanax which I'm trying to get off of and I almost am. My stomach has also been feeling upset lately but what's been the worse is these little headaches I keep getting where my temples are. I had headaches in the beginning and they went away but now they're back. I also sometimes feel like I'm waiting for somehing to happen. I don't feel normal;( this is my first time on an antidepressant for anxiety and a little depression. I'm inly 21 and it all happened shortly after I moved out. I just want to be normal again. I used to be so happy and bubbly and now I feel like I've lost myself. The only thing I like about this medicine is that I don't overthink things. When I used to worry and over think constantly. And now if I fight other someone I get over it really quickly and move on whereas I used to dwell on everything be sad for a days. But I'm almost never thinking about anything. I just feel like I can't see my life clearly anymore ;(

• Posted

First antidepressant for me too. Funny thing is I wasn't depressed before I started taking it but now I feel like I may be a bit. I started it for terrible anxiety. I also feel weird most of the time, nothing like my old self. My stomach has also been upset the last couple of days. I wake up all jittery and feel scared for no reason. Today wasn't as bad but I've been getting really tired feeling. I too have to take some Xanax as needed to help. Maybe that's makine tired.

• Posted

If you take a lot of Xanax or like .5mg yeah it might be making you tired. I only took .25mg and now I'm down to taking a quarter a day of that after like three weeks (I know it's extremely small). I'm scared of the withdrawal symptoms obviously and since I have a fear of siezures I was scared of that too even tho my doctors and everyone told me I wouldn't have one what so ever cause I'm on such a low dose of Xanax but whatever I'm coming off it myself. I just hope start to feel a lot better and start to feel like I can enjoy life;(

• Posted

The last three days I've been feel so hyper. And just completely happy and giddy and so hyper that I have to take a Xanax to feel calm. Then today came along and I woke up sad. Couldn't even workout without crying. Cried for like 3 hours straight and took a nap then woke up and I don't feel as sad anymore. I just feel blah. Have you felt like this at all before? I'm on 10 mg and I'm starting thing maybe I need to up my dose or somehing? It's getting close to the 3 month mark and I don't understand why I don't feel just okay yet

• Posted

Yes I feel sad and depressed for no reason sometimes. I know the blah feeling you are talking about, I have that alot too. It's the drug changing the chemicals in our brains and then our bodies reacting. I'm not a doctor by any means but I've read alot on this drug from people's experiences. You can go back to old posts on here and read, that's what I did... There's like 35 pages of posts available to read. You may need to have your dose upped, alot of what I've read seems that 20mg is about the minimum to achieve a therapeutic level but that's really for you and your doctorto determine. I would call your doctor and ask. Hope you get feeling better soon. Keep me posted.

• Posted

im at 40mg 7 weeks, feel better but not 100%. The side effects(if these are) i have very stiff, tight neck, pressure in head, almost headache like. feel tired /hyper at different times of days. Anxiety is pretty much still there, not as strong but it's there. it flares up from time to time. but i can say i am better than i was 3 moths ago, i couldnt leave my house, was in constant panic...so waititng for my 12 week mark, to fell good overall.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.