Tiredness and excessive yawning

Posted , 6 users are following.

Originally, I was prescribed Mirtazapine 15mg because anxiety was making it extremely difficult for me to sleep. Now, I cannot deny that Mirtazapine helps me sleep (it puts me out like a light), but does anyone else feel, if they didn't set an alarm or literally drag themselves out of bed, they would sleep they entire day away? And, also, when I am awake, I feel like all I am dying is yawning and rubbing my eyes - has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi David,

Yes I have the same side effects as yourself, Mirtazapine does knock me 

out, and I have to drag myself out of bed otherwise I would stop there all

day!. Everything I do takes extreme effort, and my legs feel like lead.

• Posted

As with many medications, side affects may diminish and subside. I suggest that you give it a little more time. As for myself AD's have little or no affect on me; negative or positive - Mirtazapine included. I went from 15mg that did nothing, to 30mg which did nothing. I had suspected that it was increasing my anxiety so I tapered off - and again nothing. So since meds do nothing I am exploring LENS (Low Energy Neurofeedback System) - sleep issues and anxiety are two examples of what LENS can relieve. I will post later after I learn more and experience treatment good or bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.