Tiredness and IBD - absolutely knackered!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Glad I am off to GP this week to dicuss heart monitor results. Also going to ask following: Why am I feeling so knackered all the time? 

Is it the anaemia I've already got? Is it fatigue with IBD as well?

Do any of you feel continually tired all the time despite sleeping loads already at night have no energy at all and foggy headed is the best way to describe it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello.

Absolutely....😞

I am shattered from lack of iron, and the ibd makes me extremely lethargic. All the time.

I get mood swings and feel depressed on and off..

When my body is low, my mind is affected.

And people that don't have it will never know how we feel..

All this, ooh I understand..err no you don't.

That's why these forums are great, because we are all supporting one another and fully understand.

We have to stay strong...

😃 x

• Posted

Ps. Why have you had a heart monitor? I ask because my heart rate has been weird lately. I feel it skips a beat.

. Doc reckons its the anaemia...

Many thanks.

😊

• Posted

Hi clairemar

Thanks for the reply, sorry you are feeling so rotten with this.sad

My brain is in a fog so to speak and even reading is too much, too tired and sleep doesn't work. If it helps I get to be a real moody madam as I get annoyed I cannot do muchneutral

Have had heart monitor as like you been getting a weird heart that skips a beat and felt giddy and lightheaded. Off to see doc this week for a chat. Are you on liquid iron?

Tried iron tablets and we are not friends!!redface more trips to loo than I have already.

Thanks for the info, if it wasn't for your help I wouldn't know other people have same things as me.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Metaxa x

• Posted

I've been exactly the same.giddy and lightheaded too.im sure its the lack of iron.

Liquid iron is 😠 and iron tablets and I don't get on either.i have bloods jn the morning and an ecg. I always know when I'm anemic as it feels like a different tiredness to normal. And my brain feels like mush.

Hope you feel better soon.

Let me know how u get on.

😃 Claire x

• Posted

Hello all 

Update.

I have a weird looking form in front of me frown a IBD Infection Prevention Screening blood test thingy. I mean seriously what is that all about?? Have any of you had this, plain English would be handy.

Also I am having a chat with GP following week now - heart monitor results delayed. Think I will mention 4g dose too as it is sending me even more squirly and there isn't much of me at all!!

Had pneumonia jab today, jab ok  but feel red faced as that they reserved it just for meredface Feels like a big sign on me that says "Wonky colon lady with UC"

Hi claire my heart is doing an Irish jig diddly dum diddly lots today which is a right pain so know how you feel. I look like the sloth on that advert on telly where the sloth flomps on the sofa and does nothing. Still light headed too.

How is everyone on here how are you all doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.