Tiredness since gallbladder removal

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi there,

I had my gallbladder removed 3 months ago now, I have had no major complications since I've had it out bar severe constipation but that's under control now. I have since the surgery been very very tired and sluggish, it just feels like my eyes are constantly hanging outbid my head and I'm just falling down with the tiredness. I was putting it down from recovering from the surgery as it's in no means a small operation. Went to the doctor and he said it was quite normal to be like this.. went again 3 weeks ago to get bloods done because I can't shift this tiredness and all my bloods have come back clear. I'm just wondering has anyone death with this when they had theirs removed? I've started to take vitamins to boost myself up.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I can honestly say this hasn’t happened to me so it’s really strange since I got mine out 4 weeks ago I have so much more energy there must be underlining other issue so definitely get more tests x
    • Posted

Ya it's very strange and worrying really. Glad your feeling good. I'll have to get further blood tests done, it makes no sense. Thanks for the reply. x

• Posted

Yeah it’s very strange I had 0 energy when I had my gallbladder in it was only working at 7% though which is scary now it’s gone I’ve full of energy hope you get it sorted though x
  • Posted

I’m 8 months and still feel tired a lot of the time. Think part of mines is due to shift work though so sleep pattern gets messed around with often xx
  • Posted

I had mine removed 5 years ago now and I still remember the tiredness at the stage you are now.  Just go with it and rest when you can.  I too suffered with severe constipation.  That continues to be an issue for me - I found I was suffering with constipation even though I didn't think I was.  Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

1) are you having good sleep?

2)what is your B12 vitamin levels from blood work?

• Posted

Sleeping fine, making sure I'm getting what I need.

Had a full bloodwork done and everything came back clear so it's very strange. I'll go back to the doctors soon if there's no change.

• Posted

Omg me too had mine removed on 2/27/18.   Still feeling exhausted.  All I’m told is it is normal and will get better. 
    • Posted

It's so strange isn't it?

Did you go back to your doctor?

I keep getting told it's normal as well and it can take a year to recover but it is very strange to be so tired after it. It's my only complaint thankfully but it's taking it out of me!

• Posted

Can you explain more on how your tiredness feels? Are you not able to concentrate or can't walk for Long time,etc

• Posted

hi i know this was posted back in may but just wanted to ask if you got better, i am currently 3 months post op and still as tired as ever! I am only 18 and can't do anything career wise yet due to still being sick:(

• Posted

Hi

Have you guys lost weight as well with gall bladder problem? Post op tiredness can take sometime to settle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.