Tiredness with under active thyroid

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, i have been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid for a few years now. I am on 75mg of Levothyroxine but i have always just felt tired with no energy, all the time! Even if i don't do anything. Can anyone suggest anything that has helped then with their tiredness, maybe a vitamin or something? Please reply! I am desperate and have been feeling tired with no energy for years!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

do you have thyroid levels checked regularly? ie mine usually 6 monthly or yearly, also its important to have vitamins checked like b12, vit D , iron etc as we are more prone to lower levels?

• Posted

This is very broad as there can be many causes for this lack of energy. I would start with the obvious like making sure thyroid function is optimal. Personally I experience lethargy and have hypothyroidism. The most important factor that impacts my energy is probably getting the dose right. Other than that I also take a multivitamin (not one with 100% for every vitamin, one with more vitamin B/D and such). I exercise, try to keep a good sleep schedule (which can be impacted by thyroid function), and take caffeine during the day. All of these things seem to help a good amount but first and foremost I would recommend getting your thyroid checked as nearly all of my lethargy has resolved with proper Levothyroxine dosage.

• Edited

ive been told a handful of brazil nuts help with the conversion of levothyroxine to t3 as they contain a very high amount of selenium which helps give more energy and fat loss apparently. Personally i haven't noticed much difference but i am on only on 50mcg and doctor said would almost definitely need increasing after blood tests

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.