Titrating up on zoloft

Posted , 2 users are following.

Help.Ive been on 12.5 mg of zoloft for 10 days and my doctor wants me to slowly up my dose by 3mgs every week as i am sensitve to meds and she doesnt want me to quit from any side effects.Has anyone else went so slow to get to 25mgs?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Some physicians start at 50mg’s which is said to be the lowest therapeutic dose.

My GP said she would introduce it slowly since I’m quite sensitive to mosur drugs.  This is the first time I’ve yrued an SSRI.  She started me at 25mg and increased at 2 weeks to 50mg, stayed at 50 for 5 weeks then increased to 75 for 2 weeks and finally 100mg.  The 100 was too much for me- fatigue was heavy all day.  I’m now at 50mg and doing better.  I had most side effects with the increase to 50mg but only lasted a few days.  It took about 3 months for my anxiety to lessen.  

I was started in January for job burn out/anxiety.

Best of luck to you- it does take a good length of time to reach its full effect.

• Posted

Sorry for the typos but I’m sure you’ll get the jistsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.