Tittinus

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’m taking 5mg of ambien to help me sleep. I’m having terrible ringing in my ears. Has anyone else experienced this as a side effect from ambien???

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary,

No i have not on Ambien but i have when i was on Anti Depressants for a while. It will pass probably. It could also be anxiety related.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I am on fluexatine also for anxiety.  I’m hoping it will pass! 
    • Posted

Hi It could be an adverse reaction or as a result of interaction of the drugs. In any event I would advise telling your dr . I think that way the dr can advise you how to get off the drug(s) that may be causing this unpleasant sign and symptom. The dr may wish to examine your ears to see if there is any build up of wax or infection as well. I would definitely consult your dr about this.

• Posted

Unfortunately it is to do with taking benzos and I have it and the more you stress about it the worse it gets.

I have to sleep with my radio on to distract me .

• Posted

I have had the ringing for a long time, using Benzos.  I have read that it can definitely be a side effect.  I am off benzos now for 10 days and the ringing goes on.  But it isn't as bad as it was. Have you read about Ambien or benzos side effects and w/d with prolonged use?  BenzoBuddies gave me lots of information. 

• Posted

Scary in my opinion. Glad your tinnitus is lessening though.

Have you read the warning from the FDA about IMMODIUM ?

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.