TKA w/ complications and ROM is not good post-op 6 weeks

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi! I am a 55 years old physically very active female.

I ended up staying at hospital for 1 week for a total knee replacement surgery due to low blood pressure and blood clots. At the first post -op appointment my Dr. put me an imovilaizer due to an infection. I was immobilized and had to elevate my leg for 10 daysatvhome  so I was not able to start my PT until almost 3 weeks post -op. 

Now that my scar tissues are forming and my entire leg is stiff. I have a private PT twice a week ( I still cry for pain.) and I do a set of exercise recommended by a physical therapy 3 times a day. My ROM is 77 degree as of 5 and half weeks post-op. My extension of knee is 0 to 1 degree. I have been taking Oxycodene, Tylenol, Canabis with CBD, and started acupuncture this week to control my pain. 

I was feeling so terrified about a manipulation and did some research which led me to this site. I have read all the entries here and gained knowledge about a manipulation and some positive and negative experiences from everyone and I feel more scared than ever. I am scared what if my knee never regain a full range of motion, I am scared about a manipulation with possible more pain and swelling I have to deal with, and I am scared that fact sometimes you may have to have more than one manipulation... When and how doctor or myself determine to have a manipulation that is my question. This whole thing about complications, delayed PT, severe pain even 6 weeks post-op, and low ROM is so unexpected.... 

Appreciate any more suggestions and encouragement. Thank you! 

Mika

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

FYI…..I would have never made it thru with out all of the people on this forum when I had this done.  Great group here who really understand what is happening.  Thank you all.  xo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.