TKR .

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a TKR on the right leg on July of last year 2017. Since then I have 7 infections on my right calf , CELLULITIS,  my leg now resembles a side of corned beef, (yuk), my leg and knee are still swollen although not as bad as just after the operation. At one time my knee actually saw/felt some improvement with exercises and ice for the swelling but in the past 4 weeks the pain has returned with a vengeance . I have trouble with my left knee and am waiting for a referral with the MSK clinic, with the pain from my left knee and excruciating pain from my new knee after the TKR it gets very painful getting up from a sitting position I have to grab items of furniture to help me stand up as its so painful. I just keep being told to give it time it can take up to 18 months to recover from the op, i'm a man in his early 60's and was off work since my operation I say was as I have now lost my job due to ill health as my employers put it.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I think this isn’t normal, I’ve had two replacement , one 7  years ago and 7 months ago , I haven’t really had pain since about 10 wks , very little swelling and have t used ice for months . I would get it looked at and use a different surgeon . I don’t know what country you are in or how easy to go to different surgeon but I think yours needs investigating 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.