TKR ????

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 6 weeks post op. I seem to have a constant aching pain in the knee. Is this normal? Constant same ache pain at night and never sleep much due to the pain and uncomfortableness. I also feel as if I have a rectangular piece of metal the same length of the incision that just feels strange and awkward. My pain overall has decreased tremendously but just wondering if anyone has had anything like this??????

Thanks,

Melissa

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Totally normal. The worst pain period is the first 12 weeks while the knee is healing and you're doing the PT to get your ROM to 0 / +120 by breaking down the scar tissue. Lots of work, pain, etc. Stay on your med schedule!!! Here are some things you can do at home for your ROM...#3 is a KILLER but will get you to zero straight...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/tkr-rom-work-at-home-620053

Next comes the muscle rebuild for your quads, glutes and core to let you walk correctly, regain your balance and enable you to start working on stairs again. The whole recovery usually takes a full year. Count on it...

• Posted

Hi...it is very early days. I am around 10 months post TKR and although I did not get much pain I still feel there is a chunk in my knee and the tight band feeling is still there but strangely I am slowly getting used to the feeling and it does not bother me nearly as much as it did.

So keep your chin up, things will get better!

• Posted

Hi I'm 8 months tkr and pain minimal tightness yes but it does take up to a year to recover. I still feel its not my knee but compared to the arthritic pain before the op I definitely can live with this. I'm due to get my right knee done early next year but am prepare this time. Keep on with the exercises pain meds and you'll get there. Glad I did it although initially thought it was a bad decision!!!! Keep your chin up and you'll get there. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.