Tkr 1 yr ago ...sudden knee pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all

How is every one doing? I'm a year post op now..in general I would say I'm doing pretty well.....I have a few issues still....But that's RA for you.....still not great on the stairs despite doing a lot of gym work on rebuilding muscles.....not generally comfortable at walking long distances but i have other joints that are giving me some issues...But overall I feel that I've been making good progress.....until now....I've developed sudden pain in my operated knee which is moderate to severe ....it has woken me up a few nights ....and walking is more painful and difficult.....I've been swimming a lot more than usual but not walking more..has anyone any ideas what could be causing this.....I felt like I was slowly steadily doing well and was giving it the 18 months to 2 years I heard it took but this new development is really distressing....I'd really appreciate any advice anyone can give..thanks in advance

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi Linda

I am nine months out from my right knee replacement. I still have some difficulty with stairs. About a month ago, I tripped over my cat and fell down. I managed not to fall directly on my knee but part of it was sore. I waited a week for stiffness and soreness to go away and thought everything was fine. Two days ago I woke up with the inside of my knee sore and when I walk it hurts. I have woken up with pain over the past couple of months too. I went to my regular doctor and he ordered xrays. I did those today. I'm hoping it's nothing that needs another surgery. I think you should go see your doctor too. Don't want to make it worse. Good luck to you.

• Posted

Im the same pain at the front of the knee back of knee as well 13mths from tkr on left knee. Had xray on Tuesday dr said it healing nice ly he said it to do with the cold still do all exceise icepack you need to do them for 2yrs . He also said the pain should go after 2yrs..

• Posted

LINDA, I had a similar thing at a year out and it turned out to be a sciatica problem that went away after a couple months. It's best to ask your Dr. Hope all works out. Geo.

• Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies....It feels like it is originating In my knee....not surrounding nerves....I have other pains Anyway.....This feels like it is in my new joint...I haven't fallen or twisted it ..It just woke me up one night ....limping more too....I'll see does it settle.....I stopped iceing after about 12 weeks ..and outside of arthritis meds haven't been taking other painkillers at all....I am just wondering what the possibilities are that this could be ...thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.