TKR - 1 yr and 3 months post surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am a year and 3 months post surgery and still have a lot of soreness. I'm about 50 lbs overweight and know that adds to the problem. There is not a time when I walk that I don't have pain. Any ideas?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I had tkr 4 months ago, and during that time, and for a month before, I used a fantastic weight loss app. I lost 28 lbs and reached my goal weight yesterday, everything is so much easier.  It's so simple to do, and no food is forbidden. I don't know if it's allowed on here for me to name it?  Can you pm people on here?   

• Posted

I can't see why you can not post it as it would be of great benefit and in some cases be an aid to a faster recovery

• Posted

HI Lucie, I would love to know the name of the app too if possible. You can pm on here. There is a mesages bit up on rhs beside your name and notofications. I need to loose about 2 stone which will help new knee and also the other one which is getting worse. Thanks
    • Posted

Lucie, you can definitely post the names of products, but websites will be monitored. I've mentioned repetedly information on drugs or ice packs that might be helpful. I don' t see any reason why they would monitor the name of an app for weight loss.

• Posted

Please send me the weightloss app. I so appreciate it.
    • Posted

Hi Sue, apologies for late reply, phone had died!! The app is called Easyloss, virtual gastric band, it has hypnosis to relax you, and there are guidelines to follow. But once you've spent a little while exploring it you can start losing weight! It's got a fantastic Face book support group, I've never come across a more friendly supportive group. Are you in UK? It's available on Android and Apple platforms. It really is good, I've been trying to lose almost two summer since I got married six years ago. Now it's no longer!!! Good luck and best wishes ??

• Posted

Oh, forgot, it costs 4.99, but worth every penny. The picture in App Store has a green apple with a ribbon curling sound it. It's version 3.

• Posted

Thank you Lucie, I am in UK. I have found it on my Android and will get it and give it a go, I have put on a couple stone due to comfort eating and lack of proper exercise. Thank you x
  • Posted

Lortr66, what kind of pain are you dealing with? I'm 22 months post op from a bilateral TKR and have some pains, but nothing compared to what I had before. I did find out that my kneecap on one knee is in bad shape and apparently knee caps aren't necessarily replaced. So, when I walk too much, that knee is sore and swollen - I'm still icing it. There is also an odd feeling when they are brushed up against and a dull pain in the chin bone. It might not be a bad idea to have your knee looked at. Did you have a follow-up after a year?

-Mo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.