TKR

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is anyone who's had a TKR getting pain in the Hip on the same side as the TKR?

I was in agony last night with both knee and Hip

Jean

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I totally understand this jean I mentioned it to the physio and he said it's to do with the fact the your walking properly now the knee has been done. I've also had major problems with my good knee and have been in horrendous pain. Hope your pain settles down soon x
    • Posted

Thank you Joanne

i was beginning to think I was falling apart....and I too have felt pain in my good knee.

but nothing like the hip pain

once again thank you 

it's so good to realise I'm not on my own 

jean 

• Posted

Morning Jean,

Not hip pain, but my good knee is really playing up.  Seeing the consultant soon about op number 2 and dreading it.

Lynn 17.5 weeks

• Posted

Hi Jean, I haven't had pain in hip but am learning that pain can occur anywhere in the leg after this op as the whole leg is realigned. Check it out with your physio if you're still seeing one if it doesn't improve. This op is one big pain isn't it! 
    • Posted

Interesting about leg realignment.  Some days I feel my ankle 'catches'. Find it disconcerting as I'm walking.  Still feel quite nervous.  Inside fine, but outside a little scary.  All a matter of regaining full confidence, whenever that might be!
    • Posted

Hi 

I go to see my Surgeon on Wednesday so I will check it out with him and let you all know what he says

it seems as if one thing leads to another ...sigh...I often wondered why I bothered 

• Posted

Dear Jean ,   I am five weeks post op and I too have had hip pain on the operated knee side which despite other major back problems, I have not had before. The surgeons say it is the new realigned, straight knee that causes it and that it will adjust.

i cannot lie on that side and have rearranged the furniture to lie on my left side to watch tv! At night I drape a low heat heating pad over the hip and buttock and that is a bit of a comfort .... 

• Posted

Hi 

that's a good idea about the heat pad ..I do have one of those as I too have  cronic back problem

i can only lay on my right side the same side as the TKR ...I usually manage a couple of hours sleep then read until my eyes get droopy ...then sleep again 

but at least I do get a bit of sleep 

I feel as if I'm not doing as well as some others on these sites ..but I do work hard at the exercises.

I dread the thought of ever needing the  manipulation under anasthetic as some poor people have to go through

Oh well

onwards and upwards ....it will soon be Xmas ....lol

• Posted

Hi jean i have started to get twinges in my hips when I'm walking, I have been using my hot water bottle both day and night, it does give a lot of relief. Don't you just get fed up with these continuos set backs. I do. Still wish I had never had it done. Best wishes Father Christmas will sort you out. I have written to him already don't want lots of gifts. Just my old knee back lol love from tucks 
    • Posted

Hi Tucks

i think my old knee ...pain or not is on my Xmas list ...at least I could drive then ....and I'll be glad when I'm given the ok to drive again 

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms

i often wish I'd never bothered having it done

take care Tucks 

Jean 

• Posted

I'm getting hip pain in both legs,  TKR on left leg 10wks ago I'm going back to see gp next week as don't see my consultant until December I've even relented to taking painkillers again, still not able to walk outside for long distances without my stick.pain in bad leg goes from hip to ankle and behind the knee 
  • Posted

Have you been checked for possible stenosis. Often times hip and groin pain are back related and only the docs can tell. There is a nerve that runs from the back to the hip and down the leg to the knee and then to the foot. If its in a bind so are you. Maybe a little heat on your back and hips would help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.