TKR 3/27/2018

Posted , 6 users are following.

Starting about 5 weeks after surgery I am experiencing sharp pain behind my knee (backside of my knee). PT has told me that it is my hamstring. How I injured it I don’t know. Is this a normal occurrance?  Anyone else experience this?  Thanks. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia,

I did have some pain at back of knee. I used to put an ice pack at the back when elevated, it helped. Eventually the exercises conquered all.

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

Yes honey, it's normal.  I have it too.  But as of today , I have no nerve pain.  I went to Flexogenix in Greensboro, NC, and they did Nerve Hydrodissection on my injured knee.  Instant relief.  I still have a little of the hamstraing pain, and the stiffness and tightness that comes from my poor ROM, but I am workin hard on those things and I keep hearing it will take a year. Im 4 mth out.  So, I am hopeful, once again.  Im usually a Debbie Downer on here.

• Posted

Yes I have also had and also iced. I was told very common. Thank You Chico for your suggestions.

• Posted

I have the same thing going on pain behind the back of my knee, down my shin in the right side of my upper leg all stemming from the surgery. Even though I never had these pains before they say it has nothing to do with the knee. wrong! All we want is answers not sure why they are afraid to tell us what is really going on or who's we should even go see to fix the problem they just pass the buck

• Posted

Yes, my hamstring hurts, even after I had that procedure yesterday.  It only took care of nerve pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.