TKR

Posted , 6 users are following.

My TKR right knee went well but found my insurance coverage would not cover me after I already started therapy. I'm sure it is their error i hope because my therapy $$ is past $15,000.  I am appealing it

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bill,

that sucks!!  Damn insurance companies.  If you were slow paying an instalment, they'd be on you like a ton of bricks.  I don't have insurance.  I guess I'm lucky here in Australia.  Waited 2 yrs but had both my knees replaced and it didn't cost me a cent.  Around $80,000.  If I'd had private insurance, I could have had it done earlier but I'd still be paying the excess.  So, for this operation, it was great for me.  If I go to dentists or psych's etc, I'd have to pay the whole amount of course,  so insurance is better then.  Swings and roundabouts.....

Yes, I'd fight them all the way.  Good luck with it all.

Sue

• Posted

great sue 2yr wait !!!! here i know a guy who is waiting 15mths just to see consultant and no sign of appointment it could be another 12mths to see him and then you go on another list to get it done .lists here are getting longer and longer health department is in a terrible  state long waits in a&e (imergency room) people waiting on trollys in coridors waiting up to 3 days to get a bed on a ward .so your very lucky there in australia wish i were living there for me i will have to continue paying for my health insurance
  • Posted

Hi Bill, I am here in the US and my insurance company told me that it is up to the place providing the service to get confirmation that you are covered before you start treatment and if they don't and start treament and then you later find out it is not covered they meaning the place of treatment is responsible for their own bill.  My insurance actually told me I would not have any responsibility towards payment of that bill.  Good luck to you.  I would definitely fight it. 
  • Posted

Good heavens, how can therapy possibly be that much money!!!  I paid 40 euros a session for about six sessions, and that was it. . . Could have had it done covered by insurance, but it was too far away!.  fight!  dont let them take advantage of you . . . After a TKR this is the last worry you need.  I do hope you sort it out with them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.