TKR

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all had a TKR 3 weeks ago and can walk on it but it swells up is this tm soon. Unfortunately my after care is bit rubbish and got discharged from hospital with some pictures of exercise nothing about how long to use sticks for or when to start walking on it

Any help would be appreciated

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had TKR 5 years ago.  I had extensive physiotherapy sessions for 2 or 3 months afterwasrds. I would not be where I  am now without that help and support.Not sure where you live but here in Wales you can refer yurself for physiotherapy.

Check this out at your local hospital. You need help now.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Thanks Sarah I'm in hull will check about that as no-one said anything this end

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.