TKR - 6 weeks - scar starting to bleed.

Posted , 6 users are following.

HI,

What a wonderful forum this is for easing insecuritied by sharing experiences.

I have been doing quite well with my excercises and geting about around the house. But last night I noticed that my scar, right at the top had a few droplets of blood around it. Just a small seepage. Thinking back there was a very tiny blood blister yesterday morning.

This morning there is a little more blood. Nothing dramatic, but should I be concerned?

Has anyone else had this??

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I think it is due to internal stitches but, off to the GP you go, ASAP to avoid infection.

Let us know how you get on.

Lynn 18 weeks post op

• Posted

Thanks!! Have just booked to see my GP at 9.30...

...Will report back!

smile

• Posted

good luck at the gp's! i would have been very concerned too if my scar had started to bleed again after being closed for 4 weeks. how odd! lynn is right, you definitely don't want an infection. rather be safe than sorry!
  • Posted

I had a bleed while in hospital and was kept in 2 extra days to be sure. I agree with the others, best to get this checked at 6 weeks. We're all different and it'll probably turn out to be ok. Good luck. Jen 
  • Posted

yes lyn , i did go back to your gp , i had an infection and had to get meds , is your scar hot , mine was , or it could be just some thing or nothing , is your scar dry ,i found that mine was so when i did exercises it was cracking the scar and making it bleed , good luck x
  • Posted

Hi All, Just backl from GP. She doesn't think there is any infection there, but told me to go back if I see an 'white' seepage. I have been given some Fucidin cream as a precaution. This seems to be a combination of anti-biotic and hydrocortisone.

Feelling much better now!

Thanks for the help, gave me that 'push' to go and not sit at home and fret.smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.