Tkr

Posted , 4 users are following.

I finally went ahead with the operation I was lucky to be referred from NHS to a local private hospital where I had previously an operation with the same surgeon some years ago.I am six days post op , totally bruised having terrible trouble with some of my the exercises but perseverance is the way. Although I am off milk and cooked food but I suppose that’s not a bad thing 😜😜I was told in hospital before I left that by bend was 80 . Not sure how to measure at home. Seeing the surgeon and physio next week. Just want to say thank you all for your encouragement and will keep you posted 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Laila, 

I am 11 days post op.  I wish you the best.  Am also having trouble with exercises and bruising.  My ankle hurts as bad as my knee does.  GP changed my pain meds today so hopefully we will get some rest tonight.  Even though we are senior citizens we still work and I feel bad for my husband having to juggle work and helping me.  He is a great guy.  Keep us posted on your progress.  

• Posted

Hi there I am 65 and choose to work, my husband is 66 and been retired for some years and loves it . He is doing all the work now bless him and I can see by the end of the day that It shows on him. 
  • Posted

You have a great attitude. Just keep going. The bend can be measured as a right angle comparison at 90 degrees. Then try to bend a little more forwards and back each day by using a sliding motion on plastic mat or anything which facilitates a smooth movement. YouTube has some great examples from physios and health professionals. Time is a great healer. xx
    • Posted

I'm using a plastic tea tray.  Works well.  I've seen a little improvement.  

• Posted

Thank you Lyn  for your good advice. YouTube have a good selection I was not aware of . Will follow some of theirs 
  • Posted

Try not to get number focused, it should come. Keep it moving regularly. Slow and steady! Exercises are challenging but just do what you can and accept what you cannot and keep plugging away! Rest is also important remember. Getting swelling down will help, ice, elevate as much as you can, good wishes to you!
    • Posted

Thank you Jennie for your words of encouragement, I just want to blink I find it it’s all over, but will Cary on regardless 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.