Tkr

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is there anyone on here from Scotland who had a tkr on the NHS? I keep reading about everyone having PT but I've never had any

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

In other countries they seem to have a lot of PT, in UK it varies from area to area.

I am not in Scotland, so maybe someone else will know?

I got 5 visits from community physio, and a six week class . I couldn't do s a straight leg raise and I think this may have meant I got more visits because of this issue. If everything is straightforward I guess you might not get any.

Did you have a booklet of exercises to do?

Look on Google for videos of exercises there is a lot around.

• Posted

Yes, I did get a leaflet showing what exercises I should do and I've been following this but I don't have a clue what my rom is or anything. I just noticed loads on here were receiving physio

• Posted

It seems more relaxed in UK with respect to range of motion targets.

Apart from in hospital, just immediately post op, my bend was never measured with any instrument but the physiotherapists eye!

You may like to go to my profile by clicking on the image next to my name. I kept a journal of my own knee replacement journey, and I have been told by several people they found it helpful to read, or skim through. I put a lot in the full version about the exercises I was doing.

If you are not getting any there is lots of info around. I found it important in terms of reassurance and moral support. Might be worth asking if you can have some, and if not, paying privately, if possible, even if just once or twice.

I did not have any until two weeks post op.

If your hospital have an advice line number or number for their physio department maybe call that?

• Posted

Hi Louise ,I'm in Scotland and agree with what you say. Second tkr I got wise and asked for , no insisted , on having access to physiotherapy. Got a phone call at home from local physio unit and was on board within days. 

Ya need to SHOUT.

arrabest.

Mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.