TKR

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had tkr 2/20/18. Pain was excruciating 8 days later. After withdrawing 7 vials of blood my Dr decided to open and find source of pain and blood. It was a tendon that tore and repaired with a patch. I was sent home with a locked brace. The pain is still excruciating. Surgery was yesterday, can't sleep with brace.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Similar happened to my sister. Source strong pain medication from your doctor. Insist on it. Many docs don't care about side effects from surgery or sufferings from pain. They only think we'll get addicted. It's a load of rot! You do not need to suffer! Get help! xx

• Posted

Thank you. He did tell me to double up to 10 mg instead of 5 and and gave me tramadol for breakthrough pain. I am trying that'right now. How long did it take her to heal from second surgery?

• Posted

Had them done together i.e. bilateral TKRs. Took a year to be quite comfortable and now two years are gone and some nights I'm in pain. You deal with it. No alternative. I still take 30mg codeine and paracetamol if necessary. I am 65. I know the score. xxx

• Posted

Sister took 6 months to heal. xxx
    • Posted

I'm 70 years old and sure got a triple whammy. 2 knees , breast cancer and back surgery Nov 2nd. Also cut my finger dec 2016. I was hospitalized with 2 strands of stahp, including MERSA. I am strong and i will begin my way back to health.

Prayers for you and your health as well.

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your complication. Your pain should and can be managed better, it's not right for you to need to suffer excruciating pain. What pain medications are you on? If not sufficient then contact the professionals involved in your care and get the medication you need.

• Posted

Thanks Jenny, I doubled up the Percocet from 5'ro 10 as needed, doctor added Tramadol as a breakthrough as needed .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.